Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
beautiful pics of Brisbane

looks much "tighter" than other cities in Australia, perhaps because the trees are very leafy or the sidewalks are narrower. the first pic is my favourite, i always love the sight of buildings when you are approacing a city, specially when is your first visit

greetings

·
6,446 Posts
Nice collection broadie. Question...has the back of Macarthur Chambers always looked like that? (in the fifth photo) Wtf is with that, it looks like someone started to paint it but never finished? Now I'm trying to imagine what it would like like with the whole facade painted

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Wow Brodie. Every now and then someone comes along with a fantastic eye for taking great pictures. I think you have a tallent there which you should cultivate.

Great work there. And I hope you had a good day.
J

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Finally, an answer to the freeway shot from this Ten News promo for Brisbane from 1988at the six second mark which I had found on youtube some months back. I had wondered where they shot it which was the Pacific Motorway.

Good work Broadie. The one of Riparian is my favourite. Queen St mall looking wonderful as usual.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
i think this is new.

top pics too ;)
From memory it used to be painted out white, all white. And was given a fresh set of colours when the new bit was put in. Maybe what it used to be before they whacked ceiling white all over it.

Just flicking through old pics, looks like it was painted to cover where the old building that where around it hid the back of it, I do recall it being white for along time, circa 1997/8 when it was a big hole behind it.

http://elibcat.library.brisbane.qld.gov.au/uhtbin/hyperion-image/BCC-B54-677

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
People...I have noted through this forum that Australian cities don't have large Avenues (correct me if I'm wrong...). Why this?...
Canberra is planned with a few, but it's not a huge place, and was purpose built as a Capital in the 1920's (like a small Brasília).

Most Australian cities have grown from colonial towns, and a lot of the street planning stayed the same. Melbourne is probably your best bet for wide streets, but even those are outside of the original town/city area.

·
i've changed my mind
3,885 Posts
Finally, an answer to the freeway shot from this Ten News promo for Brisbane from 1988at the six second mark which I had found on youtube some months back. I had wondered where they shot it which was the Pacific Motorway.

Griffith university is on either side of that vantage point - Mt Gravatt to the right and Nathan to the Left

1 - 19 of 19 Posts