SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking...and I though I'd throw a few Ideas around.

I'm thinking of setting up a website...about Brisbane but mainly focused on pics, skyscrapers, development, transport and stuff...a bit like the forums now, but in website-form. I'd pay for the domain but I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in contributing. I'll also be able to host a few sites if anyone wants it, thats if I decide to buy the domain.

Oh...and it'd need a name :p

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
I tried that :p

but i didnt particularly enjoy doing it on my own and therefore stopped.
I would contribute. And believe Danubis would as well (me and him were planning on making one as well)

dont know the name though.

try to keep away from the "urbanbrisbane' etc stuff. Get somehting original.

What is the name of the piece of land the CBD is on? (The aboriginal name).. Its like mega something. lol.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
not bad.

I made this one a while ago, except with different text and that background image was not there.. but i had a PSD so i altered the text to say urban Brisbane and shoved Defec8r's shot in)

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
malt, sounds like a plan :D
does anyone know if you can just ask for one, or does the application have to be big and impressive?
if it's the latter...anyone wanna help write up an application? :p

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your enthusiasm mate. Right now a lot of my time goes into
the server but that should all be finished soon. After that I'll set you
up an account. It's as easy as filling in a form. I'll keep you posted
on this one.

Cheers,
- Jan

·
6,471 Posts
Wow, OK I havn't checked this thread in a while and you wouldn't believe it but I've actually been asking Jan about a Brisbane portal. I think the ideal situation would be for multiple forumers to maintain the portal together but I'm not sure if that's possible?

I got this idea because I know Jan and a lot of other senior mods/admins are pissed off with Emporis for the way they display most of the data which is supplied by volunteers like Culwulla as * * * * * * unless you're a staff member and get commercial gain from it by selling usage rights. A SSC portal for Brisbane would be much better as all the data would be publically available.

Anyway good on you guys, good luck with it :)

·
6,471 Posts
It took a while but Jan is going to set up the Brisbane portal tomorrow (Friday), although its still Wednesday in Rotterdam so it might actually be Saturday our time. :) He'll set me up with access first but I'm sure (I hope) others can have access as well. Nikko's in - show of hands as to who else wants access.

The URL for portals is:
http://www.skyscrapercity.info/300.php?id=1
Change the number on the end to get portals for theses cities/countrys

1 – Rotterdam
2 – Amsterdam
3 – The Hague
4 – The Netherlands
5 – Vilnius
6 – Charlotte
7 – Melbourne
8 – Atlanta
9 – Tampa
10 – Bangkok
11 – Belgium
12 – Eindhoven
13 – Dubai
14 - UAE
15 – New York
16 – Utrecht
17 – Toronto

Then I guess 18 will be Brisbane.

:banana:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.