SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well sunny Brisbanes turn. ive gone up to 2008 with speculation on some.
especially all the ones for Petrie Bight precinct.
i put Vision as 2007, it has to start this year to achieve that if not well 2008 will be more like it. remember these are big towers (90m+) so many more have be built from 40m-90m) but i use 90m+ as cut off.
As you can see but Brisbane is slowly getting ass into gear.looks like best years are ahead.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
^ Agreed.

Ive asked before, but Cul.
How likely is it that we WILL see a large (200m) office tower?

Nice work Cul. When i first looked i honestly thought that you had done Bris City and Surfers Paradise in 1 diagram. I was happy to discover it was Brisbane's and we DID have all of those buildings :D

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we should see a large office proposal within 2 years i reckon.

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A Brisbane city planner told me last year that alot of devlopers are liking the idea of putting office space in podiums of new apartment towers.Instead of having to devlope a 40 storey they just lump 10 floors in a resi tower.ect.These seems to be catching on.But on other hand, large sites in CBD that can hold offcie towers are becoming rare,so hopefully a devloper will go against the norm and actually propose an all-office tower project!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Shorter commercial areas are certainly more user friendly. I started work on the 16th floor of a tower before Christmas and it certainly sucks jumping in an elevator with 12 other people who are heading for ten different floors below yours.

Mixed use towers (ie what's proposed with Vision) are fantastic. Not only are you bringing people into the city to live, but your also giving them somewhere to work and/or shop.....and those working in offices there aren't too far from the ground either...

These developments add life to a city. Many a glass office tower may look fantastic, but at least a mixed use has some life about it after hours and on weekends...

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
^ yes, and maybe perhaps the people who live in the tower would choose to work in the tower too( I think thats what you where saying ), so that it creates less traffic and confine's people to one area. If it where a full res tower, all people would have to venture somewhere els for work, creating more traffic problems. It's one thing to bring more occupants into the city and create more life aspect's at a cost, but to bring more people in and make it work like this is fantastic( thats if people choose to live that way ). :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Though, to be perfectly honest, the last place I'd want to work is in the same building that I live in. It'd probably be kinda cool for a week or so, then I'd just find it depressing because it'd feel like I'm hardly ever leaving this building.

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sydney is adapting to this option also. The 50storey John Boyd tower which is about to kick off has approval for an all-resi tower OR all-offcie tower, but construction partner-Multiplex has said what about a mixed use tower? so now it has retail, first 15floors-office top 35 floors -resi. perfect!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts