Buranda Train and Busway Station.

Bus tunnel, under the train line, under the SE Freeway

Ipswich Road

Princess Alexandra Hospital

Site of the old Boggo Road Gaol, some parts are still in place

·
Registered
640 Posts
With your permission Aussie Bhoy, a stitch-up job.....

Never noticed before but the PA actually isn't a bad looking hospital since it was re-built.

·
Registered
77,003 Posts
agree, there mean looking chimneys too.

gee, Torbreck, once tallest bldg in Brissy still stands out like dog testes.

·
Registered
763 Posts
This such a great angle of the city. You have Brissy Square dominating one side, and the beautiful cluster of Riparian, CP1, Waterfront Place, Aurora, Comalco, etc, on the other.

·
6,436 Posts
^^Me too. And CP1 has it's BMU out - it still looks so weird everytime I see it. Looking straight down a busy freeway towards a city skyline is always a really effective shot IMO, although it's a shame the sun wasn't in the right place to give more contrast to the CBD skyline there.

PA Hospital looks as if it's just going to sound its horn & start steaming away at any minute - are those things on top meant to look like ships funnels?

·
Registered
77,003 Posts

·
Registered
77,003 Posts
^BMU = Building maintenance unit. its a type of crane which lowers bucket for men to clean windows, basically.

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Looking forward to seeing its scenes - always-love this city !

·
I love Australia
82 Posts
Oriolus said:
^^Me too. And CP1 has it's BMU out - it still looks so weird everytime I see it. Looking straight down a busy freeway towards a city skyline is always a really effective shot IMO, although it's a shame the sun wasn't in the right place to give more contrast to the CBD skyline there.

PA Hospital looks as if it's just going to sound its horn & start steaming away at any minute - are those things on top meant to look like ships funnels?
All those chimneys are where they burn all biohazards, like arm that are amputated and placentas etc.. And some times staff fall in by accident and they get burnt up as well. Its all a conspiracy, apparantly thats where you go if you are caught for tax evasion.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Cool pics!

Loved this angle:

·
GumbyWench
272 Posts
I thought that about the PA too! Maybe Beattie had it decked out like the Titanic to reflect the current state of the public health system?! :)

Oriolus said:
^^PA Hospital looks as if it's just going to sound its horn & start steaming away at any minute - are those things on top meant to look like ships funnels?

·
6,436 Posts
^^lol. You know there's nothing like a health crisis to familiarise the public with the state's public hospitals. I don't know how many times I saw shots of the facade of Princess Alexandra on the news when it was in the spotlight. Same with Bundaberg, Caboolture & Townsville when they had their turn. Who will be next?...

Grantus - we have a whole thread about Building Maintenance Units located here. Lots of pics, including a closer shot of CP1's BMU (by nerazzurri):

·
Premium Member
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How awesome is it going to be when Vision is built, I can't wait for construction to start on that baby. Great add-in Locke.

That picture also shows where the Southern end of the new North-South Bypass Tunnel will start.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts