Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
26,592 Posts
The King George Square Carpark entry surprised me the most.

Thanks Aussie.

·
Anytime is house time!
777 Posts
What a trip, thanks mate!

I actually sat staring at the KGS carpark entrance for a while wondering where the shot was. Sad they took away balcony access from Macarthur Central too.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Nice trip down memory lane. Geez it's changed a bit in 10 years aye and just imagine if all the planned stuff had actually been built, even with only a fraction done it's still so different.

·
Registered
17,327 Posts
^^ Really? Between Dymocks and a few of the independents like Folio Books (a dangerous store for me), Pulp Fiction, Comics Etc, and the amazing Archive, all my Borders needs are well and truly covered!

·
26,592 Posts
Also, if it was a new store and you had the choice between Topshop and Borders, I would probably go with Topshop.

Thanks DJ for bumping the thread. Great to look through the photos again.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
The one thing I miss in Brisbane book wise is a bookshop that's as good as Boffins in Perth when it comes to technical and computer type books.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I liked Borders, aswell as books it had a great magazine section with an amazing selection of international titles, but Dymocks is a pretty good bookshop in an era when bookshops are on the wain a bit...

·
Registered
435 Posts
The reason I liked Borders was with their music section they had those ear-sets where you could scan the bar code and listen to a few seconds of each song so you knew if you liked it before buying a CD

·
Registered
17,327 Posts
We used to have a McGills bookshop on Queen Street, which I think used to stock a lot of technical books, but they closed all their locations about 5 odd years ago. Have you tried Folio Books (Edward/Mary Street corner) or the American Book Store in the Blocksidge & Ferguson building on Adelaide Street? They'd be the two most likely to stock what you're after.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts