Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1312 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd thought I'd start a thread dedicated to Brisbane's finest eating places. I have tried a fair few and would like to hear others pass on their recommendations on good restaurants or cafes they have eaten at.

I recently found on the internet a Tunisian/French restuarant at Woolloongabba and it was one of the best meals I've had for quite a while. The service was outstanding and the food was sensational and very generous in their portions. I would recommend it highly.

One place I would like to try is that African restaurant at Moorooka where the owner trains African refugees in the restaurant to gain skills and accreditations but it is on the other side of Brissie. Has anyone been there and if so what was it like?

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
I always love getting steaks at either the Brekky Creek or the Norman , they used to have the same owners and the menus are almost identical. The Broadway at Wooloongabba is also an excelent place to get a $10 "cook your own" steak, they have a big bbq and you do them yourself, very cheap, I go there every week.

Ribbets (Dutton Park) is a great place for pizzas or beef ribs.

Miss India, Coorparoo has excelent Indian food, cheap and very quick, great naan breads. They have a few stores around Brisbane.

·
Registered
733 Posts
For Breakfast

Cirque (New Farm)
Buzz (Valley)
Cafe Conti (Wilston)
Vaggelis (Hamilton)

For Fine Dining
Isis (Valley)

Pub Meals
Story Bridge (Beef & Guineas Pie)

Thai
That Thai (Hamilton)

Italian
Sava Sava (Auchenflower)
The Purple Olive (New Farm)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Aqua Lina at Teneriffe is great for modern Australian.

Baguet on Racecourse Rooad is the best French in town.

Pandamonium at Paddo is a good all-round bohemian experience.

Cortina's at Nundah is the most under-rated Italian.

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
McDonalds Calamvale is pretty good, open 24/7

nah actually i havent lived in Brissie for years now, i dont think half the resturants that i used to go to are even open these days :(

I used to be a big fan of the asian resturants in my local area(Sunnybank), go to Market Square and there are some delicious asian resturants, some of them look crap from the outside, but you get in there and they are well looked after and the food is fantastic.

·
baby whinger
1,965 Posts
JazBar @ Toowong - Stonegrill
SugoMi @ Oxford St, Bulimba - Weigyu Steak
CouCou Lounge @ East Brisbane - Great breakfasts
Thai Serai @ Whites Hill/Coorpaoro - Thai
London Club @ Tenneriffe - Great Tapas and Wine
Grill'd @ Bulimba, Valley and Chermside - Great gourmet burgers

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JazBar @ Toowong - Stonegrill
SugoMi @ Oxford St, Bulimba - Weigyu Steak
CouCou Lounge @ East Brisbane - Great breakfasts
Thai Serai @ Whites Hill/Coorpaoro - Thai
London Club @ Tenneriffe - Great Tapas and Wine
Grill'd @ Bulimba, Valley and Chermside - Great gourmet burgers
exocet, what is the menu like at the London Club? I have been looking for a good Tapas cafe or restaurant.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like Sono for Japanese - their shop at Portside at Hamilton has great tatami private rooms and the food is fresh, well prepared and authentic. Their city shop does a lunchtime shokado bento (a beautifully presented lacquer box with sashimi, tempura, grilled dish, simmered dish, miso soup and rice). It's worth every cent of $35, considering that would be a very average main course of Mod-Oz shite (my pet hate).

For Korean I like Madtongsan in the Elizabeth Arcade - it's casual, but authentic and delicious. Their pork and kimchi sauteed in kochujang chilli paste is the best. Han Woo Ri in Mary St does Korean in a more upmarket surroundings, but their $9.90 set lunch special can't be beat - main dish with rice, complimentary side dishes, Korean miso soup and a soft drink.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have tried both of those Turkish restaurants and they are on a par I think and are very good indeed. There is a good meditteranean/middle eastern restaurant at Portside called Byblos. You probably won't get to dessert though if you have an entree and main.

If you get a chance a great place for a Sunday lunch is Brett's Wharf on the water at Hamilton. Fantastic food and drink while enjoying the river views, life doesn't get much better than that.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I don't head out much these days but these have left a good impression in the last few years.

Campos @ James St
Pane e Vino @ City
Capri @ Emporium
Sirianni's @ Emporium
TSB @ Carindale (suprisingly very good)
Grand Taj Indian @ Wakerley
Otello's @ Oxford St
Byblos @ Portside
The London Club @ Teneriffe

Also, there is this new place at Emporium which is French underneath the Hotel which actually makes you think you're in Paris. It really brought back great memories.
Belle Epoque Café, Patisserie, Bar, Bistro

·
Registered
811 Posts
I like Sono for Japanese - their shop at Portside at Hamilton has great tatami private rooms and the food is fresh, well prepared and authentic. Their city shop does a lunchtime shokado bento (a beautifully presented lacquer box with sashimi, tempura, grilled dish, simmered dish, miso soup and rice). It's worth every cent of $35, considering that would be a very average main course of Mod-Oz shite (my pet hate).

For Korean I like Madtongsan in the Elizabeth Arcade - it's casual, but authentic and delicious. Their pork and kimchi sauteed in kochujang chilli paste is the best. Han Woo Ri in Mary St does Korean in a more upmarket surroundings, but their $9.90 set lunch special can't be beat - main dish with rice, complimentary side dishes, Korean miso soup and a soft drink.
That soft drink is ALWAYS Diet Coke. I've been there 3 times now for the $9.90 special and all 3 times the same thing......

Me: "Can I get a coke with that?"
Waiter/Waitress: "Sorry, onry Diet Coke!"

Regardless - It's a great place to eat and nice food.....

1 - 20 of 1312 Posts