SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
it's just a ride
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In honour of Riparian topping out here is Brisbane's top 10 skyscrapers since 1975.

cul will prolly have some corrections to make :) but i think its mostly right

·
it's just a ride
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i drew these in macromedia flash mx

and my bad about domain, ill add it later on.

·
Premium Member
9,521 Posts
Nice work, that long gap in the 90's to now shows why we are all so excited about the recent developments, we have been starved for so long!

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
Wow, 10 point's for effort in those diagrams chapman. It's quite intersting to see how brisbane has evolved, And also what the future has instore for this fast growing city.
For the age of the city, Brisbane seems to be doing really well with how many structure's it has, so hopefully brisbane will keep on going :D

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Wow - alot of work done there!

Well done - and very informative and interesting.

jt

·
Registered
76,967 Posts
great stuff, only faults.
MLC bldg was completed in 1975 not 76.
AMP Place was completed in 1978 not 77.
Waterfront Place was completed 1990 not 89.
cheers

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Um, the State Law Building was built in 1977. Correct?

It should be second in the 1980 pic
third in the 1985 pic and
6th in the 1990 pic.

I realise that it wouldn't have been the same height before the make-over, but still

·
it's just a ride
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nah because at the time it was built it was called comalco house and was 110m tall so to have it in the pre 1995 diagrams as it currently is would be inaccurate.

thanks for the comments everyone ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
It is amazing to think that in a short space of 5 years ie 2005 to 2010 Brisbane will have 6 new buildings in the top ten. All taller than 150 metres

·
Registered
76,967 Posts
yeah thats the thing with makeovers. Emporis puts the first date when it was completed and only when you open the bldgs page up its says when it had its refurb.
so State Law Bldg was 110m but with gotham makeover the spires reach 128m.
great stuff.

·
it's just a ride
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea, btw, cul, i noticed AMP's completion date has changed to 1978 on emporis yet hitachi's is still 1976. and in the general facts about AMP it still says "upon completion in 1977"

and the only reason i know State Law used to be called Comalco House is because my dad used to work in that building when it was Comalco House ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts