SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
12,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Castle Park View will see a 26 storey apartment block, containing 375 homes, built on the site of the former ambulance station overlooking Castle Park.

Designed by architect Chapman Taylor, it is expected that completion will be in 2022 with Bouygues UK as the main contractor.

M&G Real Estate will own and manage 30 private rented apartments whilst Yarlington Housing Group will own 75 affordable homes.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I seem to have accidentally stalked Arch Wright on Saturday. According to one of the men on site, the crane will be 100m high when completed today (Sunday). At the end of the jib it will be capable of lifting 30 tons, although they don't think the maximum extension will be required, so the loads can be greater.

IMG_4317 by geoff bradford, on Flickr

·
12,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seem to have accidentally stalked Arch Wright on Saturday. According to one of the men on site, the crane will be 100m high when completed today (Sunday). At the end of the jib it will be capable of lifting 30 tons, although they don't think the maximum extension will be required, so the loads can be greater.

https://flic.kr/p/2hj3DWaIMG_4317 by geoff bradford, on Flickr

Accidentally? Yeah, we believe you Geoff. ;)

·
2,265 Posts
Tall buildings and the impact they have on low rise cities/towns is my main interest within architecture. Having seen the size of the crane I thought I'd create some images of what the building will look like on the city. I may come back and add more detail, but the scale, and height are 100% accurate.

View from Bristol Bridge by The_Arch_Wright, on Flickr

View from Old Market by The_Arch_Wright, on Flickr

High view 3 by The_Arch_Wright, on Flickr

High view 2 by The_Arch_Wright, on Flickr

High view 1 by The_Arch_Wright, on Flickr

·
Sexy Astronaut
11,810 Posts
Cheers, archie. Given us a handy glimpse 18 months into the future.

Assuming everything that has been proposed or approved gets completed (Soapworks, FR-Counterslip, Assembly, Redcliff Quarter etc). It'll be a such huge transformation of the city centre. Give it a bit more of a... 'rounded' urban presence... if that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
First of the service cores is now above ground and there are an awful lot of foundations.

IMG_4419 by geoff bradford, on Flickr

IMG_4418 by geoff bradford, on Flickr

By coincidence I took this slightly ropey picture through the car windscreen today.
Similar to Arch Wright's view down Old Market. That crane is huge.

IMG_4421 (2) by geoff bradford, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 243 Posts