SkyscraperCity banner

241 - 260 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Crown is about the same as two floors if I recall from renders, it's a fantastic panorama - I still reckon a rectangular tower of around 24-28 stories where the NCP carpark next to Castlemead would finish the skyline off nicely

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
So this is now Bristols tallest structure?
I blame the Bristol Post reporter for the ongoing confusion. He initially misunderstood the term AOD and assumed it meant the height above ground level, rather than its actual meaning of height above mean sea level.

That led to several articles describing it as Bristol’s tallest building. In the most recent of his articles he described it as Bristol’s tallest modern structure, which is probably more accurate.

From the drawings, the overall height to the top of the crown is 98.37m AOD. On the Castle Park side the ground level is 15.68m AOD giving a height of 82.69m. St Mary Redcliffe is 85m.

To complicate matters, the ground falls away to the south to a height of 12.45m AOD, giving a height on that side of 85.92m. Overall I would say that St Mary Redcliffe is still Bristol’s tallest building, but Castle Park View has more impact on the skyline because it‘s a square tower, not a tapering spire.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For CPV and Assembly one, they really just bootlegged Castlemead & The Marriott. I mean, just look at Castle Park View. It's Castlemead if it was built in the 2020s.

Well done Bristol. You ripped off YOUR OWN skyline.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Obvious downgrade from that, although I still do like it.

One maybe odd thing I appreciate about it, is how it blends in, despite being 90m tall, and also how it helps 'buff' up the general urban landscape.

I feel like they could demolish and put another tall on the site next door, currently occupied by One Castle Park.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Well they're going to be building more affordable homes on the plot just in front of Castle Bridge that you can see in the 2nd picture. That's a small area though - so the only way they've be able to get any sort of significant capacity is to build up. Maybe (almost definitely) not as high as Castle Park View, but I'd expect a 4 or 5 storey complex there...

241 - 260 of 292 Posts