SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hopefully proximity to St Mary Redclffe & Temple Meads puts extra pressure on ensuring a decent quality of materials. The last bit of Finzel's Reach is a good example; the cladding has taken what is a fairly standard façade and elevated it.

That sketch looks hideous
I suppose maybe they were banking on using the holiday express and 1980s housing estate next door as references if the planners argue it needs to respect the local vernacular 😅

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
that might be the single dullest architectural sketch/render I've ever seen. makes ditchwater look absolutely exciting and engrossing by comparison.

the one in Red Source's post is marginally better (arches, woo!) but I still find myself hoping this improves... a lot... between now and construction

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's a good place for a tall building and hopefully they can get the materials and design right.

Twenty residential storeys would be around 70m I guess.

Frankly, anything would improve that particular gateway to the city - it's a pretty depressing sight when you exit Temple Meads and are confronted with what's there at the moment, plus it would improve the skyline when driving into the city from the Bath/Wells Roads.

·
Registered
628 Posts
What will eventually happen at ground level I'm curious about. I know the pandemic has changed things, but some more units would be nice as it's a right dead-zone around that end of town for food, groceries, pharmacies, cafes etc. If you're in Temple Meads your options are pretty grim unless you want to tempt fate, go out of your way and back into town for something decent.

·
ark at ee
200 Posts
Commercial units and a gym appear to be planned for the ground floor as it stands. With all the developments planned around TM over the coming years and the daily traveller footfall, you would think there is a good business case for them. Maybe Giovanni’s will return there?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts