SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Bristol, RI

4814 Views 16 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Shawn
From Wikipedia.
Bristol is a town in and the historic county seat of Bristol County, Rhode Island, United States.[3] The population was 22,954 at the 2010 census. Bristol, a deepwater seaport, is named after Bristol, England.

Major industries include boat building (and related marine industries), manufacturing and tourism.

See less See more
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Thanks for these and your Newport thread - makes me miss home so much! I love Bristol, especially Colt State Park down the road from downtown. Such a beautiful part of New England.

I've had lunch and dinner here countless times, there's also a great ice cream bar across the street.

If I remember my history correctly, this used to be part of Massachusetts (neighboring Bristol County, MA), but Mass traded it to Rhodie for Fall River. A good trade at the time, but I think Rhodie ended up winning in the long run ;)
See less See more
Looks like a very nice town, thanks for posting. I especially liked this library for some reason:

That's Richardsonian Romanesque style, if I'm not mistaken. Probably am, but still, quite beautiful.
See less See more
Bristol looks great! I've heard good things about it, but have not seen it in pictures. It looks a lot like Newport, which makes sense.
Bristol looks great! I've heard good things about it, but have not seen it in pictures. It looks a lot like Newport, which makes sense.
I much prefer Bristol to Newport - I think you could describe Bristol (and neighboring Great Barrington) as having more of a Cape Cod feel than a Newport feel. Newport is almost like a southern Portsmouth NH.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.