SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there can somebody post pictures of british houses terrace or semidetached etc view from the outside and the interior.Actually one question why the british house are built long at the back and have small area in the front.Thank you

·
Registered
571 Posts
acela said:
Actually one question why the british house are built long at the back and have small area in the front.Thank you
Do you mean terrace houses? Or jsut houses in general? Generally houses don't realy have front gardens as most people would prefer a larger back garden that a front garden.

·
Super Moderator
21,833 Posts
acela said:
Hi there can somebody post pictures of british houses terrace or semidetached etc view from the outside and the interior.Actually one question why the british house are built long at the back and have small area in the front.Thank you
Well, that's quite a difficult one, there are many different types of houses but here are some typical examples.

Semi-detached in suburban London

Oast house in Kent (These were originally for brewing beer but many have been converted into houses)

Thatched Cottage in the Cotswolds

Typical contemporary provincial housing developments

Victorian Terraced house in Shrewsbury

inside the kitchen

Georgian terrace in Bath

Typical victorian terrace of houses in Manchester

Scottish cottage

Welsh stone house

·
Super Moderator
21,833 Posts
I think the reason people have bigger gardens at the back is that they have more privacy that way :dunno:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by cinosanap You could just search "british houses" on a search engine like google, yahoo etc.
mind you, actually i did my own research on google or whatever search engine you may call it.as always it shows the real estate not much photos actually. i also looked at several british home magazine e.g house beautiful,british house. unfortunantely it shows general view of the outside and most pictures are inside like kitchen , living room etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts