9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found these on the net 5-5-05
Varous Brizneyland shots.

PARK ROAD - MILTON

SOUTHBANK

CAPITAL HILL

Shop window – Fortitude Valley

Natural Scrapers – Brisbane’s Northern Outskirts.

jt

·
6,435 Posts
Awesome finds JayT.

Is that the back of 111 George in the third pic? - I'd always assumed it had the same facade all the way round. That & the ones after them - would they be taken from Metropole? And since when has Pepsi owned an airline :D

Mmmm...I feel like chicken :)

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oriolus said:
Awesome finds JayT.

And since when has Pepsi owned an airline:D
LOL - I think thats Korean.

jt

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Sure is a Korean airline; Korean Air:

Also loving the fact that Riparian Plaza still has cranes atop. Only seems like yesterday lol

Particularly loving the below shot of Capital Hill. Yet, as Oriolus asked, is it 111 George St? Yes it is!
However where is the larger space for 111 Goerge St Tower 2 behind it (sure looks like a tight squeze for it from above though).

All round, great pics JayT :eek:kay:

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
nice pix's! love the shots where there looking down on the city so you can see the road networks between the buildings

·
©
9,470 Posts
Oriolus said:
Awesome finds JayT.

Is that the back of 111 George in the third pic? - I'd always assumed it had the same facade all the way round. That & the ones after them - would they be taken from Metropole? And since when has Pepsi owned an airline :D

Mmmm...I feel like chicken :)

Pepsi did have an airliner at one stage..........Well, sort of!! A few years back one of Air France's Concordes was painted in a Pepsi livery. Looked quite good actually!! :)

P.S. Nice finds as well Jt.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
^ Yeah, that's coffee table book material. Perfect.

BTW Is this the little tubby sibling? I can't tell from the pic.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Older Pictures of Brisbane taken from Mt Coottha – photographer Joseph Lee

Bruce Highway (motorway) cutting though pine trees – North of Brisbane

Man on Bike

Great wall of Petrie

Waterfront Place

More to come later.

jt

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Urgggh, look @ the smog in the first few pics & the chimney belching out smoke! :eek:

...and Waterfront!! Still the classiest in Brizneyland!

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Muse said:
Urgggh, look @ the smog in the first few pics & the chimney belching out smoke! :eek:

...and Waterfront!! Still the classiest in Brizneyland!
I think that 'smog' is not what it seems. Yes Brisbane does get pretty bad smog but its also the second foggiest capital after Canberra. Often in winter there is an inversion layer above the city which can cause smog but I think in this case its just a hot and humid morning. High humidity and high amounts of water vapor in the atmosphere, especially in summer mornings can look like smog.

The smoke is coming from the Poineer cement factory in South Brisbane I think - can anyone confirm this?

jt

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
2,560 Posts
it might be the pauls milk factory. hopefully this area will abolish industry soon and introduce new apartments and community village's

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maroon Grown said:
it might be the pauls milk factory. hopefully this area will abolish industry soon and introduce new apartments and community village's
Took a trip down there on the ferry yesterday - the growth is amazing along that stretch of the river.

Looking back the western end of the city around roma street is just a giant tangle of crane towers! Looks impressive.

Certainly impressed the tourists I was standing near;)
jt

·
6,435 Posts
What areas those in the 3rd and 4th Joseph Lee pics? Didn't realise that Brisbane had any "skyscrapers in the suburbs" kind of areas. Ok so they're not skyscrapers but I love the look of dense greenery with small towers jutting up here and there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts