SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Futurist
38,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A decision on whether to grant planning permission is expected today.

The site has already been demolished and cleared, and British Land are intending to build the tower speculatively.

·
Like 'Berg'
6,693 Posts
I just think its a dodgy angle from that side, the other render (wherever it is) shows it a lot nicer.. I'm sure it'll be fine in reality. It just seems a 'theme' (or more trick) to keep the angle of these towers like that, same with Minerva, creating this illusion that they're wafer thin, when infact they're anything but..surely it doesn't fool anyone...does it?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I think this is a beaut that adds perfectly to the devloping cluster (from some angles). Not perfect from some directions but infinitely better than the previous proposal for the site which was akin to the dreadful spitalfields development across the road.

With luck this will be rising soon. In fact I'm sure it will be.

·
Banned
2,337 Posts
This tower is definately needed just to keep people interested in London's proposals. The number of people staggering towards "will London actually build it though" when a new proposal comes up has grown significantly. Please let it be built.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
In their latest financial reports, BL mention this scheme as a future possible development, but no time frame is referred to. Again depending on market conditions, they will go ahead with it or not.

A number of large lettings should be finalized within the next couple of weeks. By the end of the summer, I am sure we will have a more precise idea of the schemes that will go ahead.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I go past the site regulary and it has no sign of a start infact there is plants and trees growing through the concrete base and a single portacabin

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Ick, i'll update mt crappy SSP drawing of it sometime this week.

·
Administrator
34,378 Posts
also bare in mind jef, this is part of broadgate and broadgate is almost entirely prelet. infact i think this is the last phase of broadgate. any space in this tower will go quickly.

·
Banned
208 Posts
The adjacent groundscraper seems to lessen the effect of height..i think it would look more impressive in isolation TBH.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Something I cant work out. On the first artists impression looking from exchange house it appears the groundscraper is convex, bulging out into the road. But the view from the Light Bar suggests that it is concave, bending away from it. Is this just the way the pic looks and it is it S-shaped?

·
Aerial Erector
1,492 Posts
bundy said:
Something I cant work out. On the first artists impression looking from exchange house it appears the groundscraper is convex, bulging out into the road. But the view from the Light Bar suggests that it is concave, bending away from it. Is this just the way the pic looks and it is it S-shaped?

Yeah good point.... it can only be one or the other :?

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's both... it rounds the corner of Primrose Street and Bishopsgate, then curves in slightly to follow the line of Norton Folgate as it goes north. I sent gothic a plan, so he should be able to post it and show you.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.