SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already posted these in the international section, so this is a clone if you've already seen them there.

__

Today Brooklyn is the most populated of the five boroughs in New York City. It's also arguably the best known borough/district in the world. However, originally this was a Dutch town not affiliated with NYC. Named after a Dutch town Breukelen, it remained a city until 1898 when it joined New York City.

These pictures show the downtown, the area of the former city hall, various official buildings and commercial highrises. There was very little development here throughout much of the 20th century after the construction boom of the 1920's and 1930's (from what I can tell by the architecture), while recently the activity has once again been on the rise, new towers rising and a lot more are planned in the vicinity.

The building in the center caught my attention, quite unusual.

I was very impressed with this view

The City Hall. Now called the Borough Hall I think.

Supreme court

Columbus

Nice little park

New tower in the background

Quebec style? :)

Bike lane...

This isn't exactly all of it, but the weather was terrible and I would've died out on the heat had I not escaped for shelter from the heat.

:cheers:

Bonus:

Brooklyn in the 1890's

·
Registered
56 Posts
Brooklyn pics

Nice pics there. Always good to see from someone else's perspective. I was
there last year, after 35 years away. I didn't have the fortune of having clear sunny days, until the last two. Do you happen to have a good skyline pic of Brooklyn from either Sunset Park or the Smith & 9th street bridge?

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

No, sorry, I don't have any Brooklyn skyline shots.

·
Neon overdose
3,993 Posts
Brooklyn looks very nice in that shoots. Hope to visit it some day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts