SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Banned
202 Posts
thanks for these photos... first time i've seen this lovely city!

·
Oragon Ini!
688 Posts
^^The palace was the one designed by a Filipino..

IMO, Brunei is rich but boring...

·
Banned
857 Posts
The palace looks like it is the landmark of the whole city. Very nice indeed. yes a very well run country with lots of welfare for the people.

·
18,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Brunei has very high standards of living, easy life, luxurious homes and cosy lifestyles. No wonder Brunei is the happiest country in Asia !! ( after Bhutan )

I'd say no other countries in East and Southeast Asia can beat Brunei's living standard.

I mean what's the point of having world's best infrastructure but most people living in small crappy homes like in certain developed countries in East Asia ? I'd take the fairly good infrastructure but with luxurious homes and luxurious lifestyle in Brunei anytime ! :cheers:

·
Here in My Home...
1,723 Posts
I believe Brunei is the only country in the world that really implement the real Islamic law and values. It is true that the life there are so boring because their local law are so strict and the legal system is partly based on Sharia law and in certain circumstances, apply to non-Muslims including visitors
but with some exception. For example, the sale of alcohol in Brunei is prohibited but Non-Muslims may import duty free of wine, spirits and beer on entry into Brunei (usually they get from Sarawak).

Brunei government give lots of welfare to citizen. Many houses are built under housing schemes and this kind of house are really big. Both Muslim and non Muslim enjoy equal right and lots of privilege. Brunei is truly an Islamic and welfare country...........

1 - 20 of 125 Posts