SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Projected construction time: 2016-2018
Tenants: RSC Anderlecht + KBVB/URBSFA (Royal Belgian Football Association; Red Devils, Belgian National Team)
Projected cost: € 314 million
Capacity: 62,613 seats

Euro 2020: three group stage matches + round of 16

Joint project of Brussels, Football Association and RSC Anderlecht.

Formula: three consortia are still in the running. They still have until the end of 2014 to improve their designs. A choice will be made early 2015. The chosen company will build, finance and exploit the stadium. RSC Anderlecht and the Belgian Football Association will rent the stadium.

More images (+ Dutch information) can be found on my website

1. BAM + Ghelamco + Jaspers-Eyers Architects

2. Besix + Populous

3. Denys + FCC/Estudio Lamela + Macquarie (+ others)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
they all looks nice

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
#2 Populous=Tons of Money. It looks fine from outside, anyway I wish there were more renders.

#1 Jaspers-Eyers Architects. Nice firm, I like the projects they feature in their website. Not avant-garde, but classy and functional. Anyway, I'm confused because the stadium that they feature has nothing to do with the posted render: http://www.jaspers-eyers.be/sites/default/files/rsca-copyright-jaspers-eyers-04.jpg

#3 Not enough info to say anything. But I dont like that 6 storey parking lot next to the stadium.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
I wish there were more renders.
Here you go:

Here some more renders of the new stadium in Brussels (one of three will be selected in december 2014 - january 2015. The start of the construction is the beginning of 2016 (if there is no delay because of protest). capacity will be 62.600

1. Besix:

post a picture

free image host

photo uploading

image hosting 30 mb

jpg images

2. Denys

image upload no compression

free image host

upload gambar

picture share

pic upload

3. BAM

free screenshot software

images hosting

image hosting over 10mb

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's quite weird how a few other renders can change my whole opinion about the projects.

I first liked the Bam one. But now I think it's rater boring. Especially the roof seems rather simple.

And I hated the one from Denys. But the details on the other pictures are so nice and make me really love it.

Bexis is looking good too. Rather futuristic.

Looking forward to their final designs.

·
18,337 Posts
The BAM one looks really cheap. Out of 'em all, I only really like the interior of the Populous one. Any idea which design Anderlecht fans prefer?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Loved the Besix project

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Silly question but can Anderlecht justify a large enough stadium like this one? Will they only play "big" games there? Or is there maybe a plan to reduce capacity after the Euros?

p.s BeNe league really needs to happen, if they regularly play the likes of Ajax, PSV, Feynord etc I am sure they could fill the stadium.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anderlecht definitely has the potential to reach 40.000 fans each week. When they play topleague matches and champions league they will have 50.000 fans without any problems. In the 70's they played a lot European matches for over 40.000 People. Nowadays because of the current small stadium (22.000) and the lack of parking space around or nearby the stadium, the prices are extremely high. With reasonable price policy they absolutely can double that.

·
3,482 Posts
That parking lot! :eek:
I understand that it is functional, but it's just so ugly.

So far, I'm not too fond of either of the designs. I hope they will improve.

About Anderlecht: It will be strange in the beginning to see them play outside the Anderlecht area in another part of Brussels, but I don't think it's really a problem. Many big clubs have left their area of origin during their history. There's simply no space in the Anderlecht municipality anyway, so there's not even an option to stay.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Silly question but can Anderlecht justify a large enough stadium like this one? Will they only play "big" games there? Or is there maybe a plan to reduce capacity after the Euros?

p.s BeNe league really needs to happen, if they regularly play the likes of Ajax, PSV, Feynord etc I am sure they could fill the stadium.

anderlecht has a very large fanbase in belgium.
their highest ever attendance was almost 65000 when they played at the heysel stadium for their european games back in the 60's.
a long time ago yes but it shows the potential they have.

·
Registered
33,341 Posts
The Denys proposal is by far the best stadium on the inside and outside imho. :)

Reactions: WesTexas

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hopefully they'll be able to keep the athletic stadium as shown on the renders. This way Brussels can continue organising the memorial.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
#1 Jaspers-Eyers Architects. Nice firm, I like the projects they feature in their website. Not avant-garde, but classy and functional. Anyway, I'm confused because the stadium that they feature has nothing to do with the posted render: http://www.jaspers-eyers.be/sites/default/files/rsca-copyright-jaspers-eyers-04.jpg
You were looking at an outdated expansion project for Anderlecht's current stadium. Designed by Jaspers-Eyers and it would have been built by... Besix, who have now joined Populous.

Jaspers-Eyers have also made the first design for the new Club Bruges stadium.
For this project they joined BAM, that will transform the Feyenoord stadium and Ghelamco, builders of the brand new Ghelamco Arena in Ghent.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts