SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10,924 Posts
The new concept for the site is nice, IMO. Clean, graceful, and if the materials are of good quality this should be a calibre above some of the other trite designs we've seen among the city's new residential towers. I've long been a fan of the residential towers out of Robert Stern's studio, like Eleven which is just getting underway in Minneapolis, and this building is alluding to the same classical spirit. The trick, of course, will be making sure they don't shortchange the exterior any further with typical steps toward value engineering.

Could use a stronger, more defined base to the tower around the 2nd or 3rd floors, I feel.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some more renderings of the proposal. The tower will have 47 condos priced from $1.6 million up to $8.5 million for the single penthouse.

·
10,924 Posts
Hmm. The rear feels a little out of sync with the front. The way those 5 floors near the top are divided breaks up the verticality of the shaft compared to what you see on the front, and I'm also not sold on the large glass section immediately above that, either. Put simply, the front has the grace and order of something where the exterior mattered and followed classical templates, but the back is almost the opposite in looking a hodge podge of whatever they wanted to throw together.

It's not ugly, it's simply imbalanced to me. Hmm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts