SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hanover To Build new Tower In Buckhead

Next door to the restored Buckhead Theatre, The Hanover Company plans to build a glassy, crescent-shaped mixed-use tower on the site of a current parking lot. Hanover (developers of the planned apartments where Midtown's Checkers now stands) recently purchased the Roswell Road property. Plans call for 351 apartments, about 13,000 square feet of retail and a hidden parking deck shared with the neighboring performance venue.

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next to Buckhead Theatre, Tower Tiptoes Toward Existence

The Hanover Co.'s development at the Buckhead Triangle is a step closer to fruition, following general approval of the variances required to start construction. The project, mired in disputes stemming from the loss of parking for the adjacent Buckhead Theatre, could soon go through permitting. With its second appearance before the Development Review Committee, the project's feedback was generally supportive, with the committee mostly approving of a staggering 15 variances required for the project to proceed. Assuming that things progress according to plan, the 21-ish story building is slated to house 351 apartments and almost 13,000 square feet of retail space. And it could go a long way in linking the commercial vibrancy of the Buckhead Atlanta area with the older bar district.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I really hope this one is built, I think it is a great design. I think it would look great in midtown on their 10th street site. the current proposal there is a little disappointing.
The Midtown proposal is hindered by the way the site meets Peachtree on a little sliver of land but I think we'll be pleased when we see more details on project. I really hope they are able to buy the adjacent lot and the nightclub on that block. As a matter of fact the entire Peachtree St side of that block needs to be redeveloped.

·
jupiter
344 Posts
The Midtown proposal is hindered by the way the site meets Peachtree on a little sliver of land but I think we'll be pleased when we see more details on project. I really hope they are able to buy the adjacent lot and the nightclub on that block. As a matter of fact the entire Peachtree St side of that block needs to be redeveloped.
I like the midtown proposal on Peachtree it appears to be the same firm as this one in Buckhead.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts