SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hurrah! Luxe Buckhead Tower Could be Visually Interesting

In the last few days, news of high-rise apartment projects along Peachtree Road in Buckhead has arrived, accompanied by renderings of towers destined to bring density to the area. But renderings revealed by the Related Group of their new project Stratford show that the building may just be a cut above — assuming a "cut" is 15 stories — the rest. Slated to rise 36 floors, with a giant diagonal architectural rudder, the apartment tower will be located on Peachtree Road at Ga. Highway 400, next door to the Buckhead MARTA Station. Which means that the concrete bunker Christian Church of Buckhead that occupies the site now could indeed be destined for a day of wreck-ening...

[...]

·
12,035 Posts
Interesting. Certainly better than many current Buckhead towers. Anxious to see the other side, and not exactly thrilled with the street level appearance. Still, an above average addition that I hope comes to pass.

·
jupiter
344 Posts
This is a great looking tower. Am I seeing it right that the long side of the building will face Peachtree? That would be a very different and create some really great views.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts

·
jupiter
344 Posts
I see it too

That is a phase II tower, it is actually where i had originally seen a tower for that sight many years ago. I have an AJC article about it someplace.

·
12,035 Posts
Standard architectural fare for such residential towers. Block core, open glass atria space, 1-2 visual gimmicks... It's not unattractive but it's not likely to draw the eye or garner lots of "Ooh's" and "Aah's."

How long until the management company sports their logo/name on the large concrete fin?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Standard architectural fare for such residential towers. Block core, open glass atria space, 1-2 visual gimmicks... It's not unattractive but it's not likely to draw the eye or garner lots of "Ooh's" and "Aah's."

How long until the management company sports their logo/name on the large concrete fin?
I think the street level is the more visually interesting part of the tower. I like the high ceiling glass they use. Looks high quality.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Has the old church been completely demolished now? I wonder when construction will start on the tower..... it will be interesting to see this rise and how it impacts the Buckhead skyline as you drive south on 400.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I walk my dog past this everyday and there is finally some wheels in motion. The Church is totally gone and they seem to be doing sitework/earthmoving, lots of trucks and some heavy equipment in and out of the site everyday.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts