Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to the website: http://test.alomsziget.grimlab.hu construction of Álomsziget (Dream Island) begins in 2007 on 32 hectares of the southern part of Hajógyári-sziget (an island in Budapest). The investment’s budget is roughly 400 billion forints and an additional 15 billion forints will be spent on infrustructural developements in the vicinity.
The project’s area is only 22% of the whole island. The plans contain sport, cultural and entertainment facilities, health center, an international ship-port on the outside bank, a variety of catering facilities, exhibition rooms, conference center, 3 to 5 star hotels, hotel apartman houses and supplementary commercial units.

The island before construction:

and the island after construction:

here are some concept art pics:

By the way I'm new in this forum so a big Hello from me!

·
25,609 Posts
400 billion Forints is an estimated 1.6 billion Euros...

BTW: LÉGY ÜDVÖZÖLVE PETI!!! Jó látni még egy magyart a fórumon! Igaz, ma már ketten is vagytok (BA)... Ha lapozol egyet (vagy kettőt), láthatod, hogy milyen magyar illetőségű thread-eket indítottunk, ha gondolod azokhoz is hozzá szólhatsz. Sajnos a cseh és szlovák kollégák sokkal aktívabbak ezen a téren, mint mi magyarok. Igaz többen is vannak! A legjobbakat!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
400 billion Forints is an estimated 1.6 billion Euros...

BTW: LÉGY ÜDVÖZÖLVE PETI!!! Jó látni még egy magyart a fórumon! Igaz, ma már ketten is vagytok (BA)... Ha lapozol egyet (vagy kettőt), láthatod, hogy milyen magyar illetőségű thread-eket indítottunk, ha gondolod azokhoz is hozzá szólhatsz. Sajnos a cseh és szlovák kollégák sokkal aktívabbak ezen a téren, mint mi magyarok. Igaz többen is vannak! A legjobbakat!
Szia! Már olvasgattam a Budapestes threadeket és nagyon tetszik a fórum. Jó tudni, hogy rajtam kívül is érdeklődnek a hasonló témák iránt. Remélem több magyar is jön majd és akkor lekőrözzük a cseheket meg a szlovákokat. Megpróbálok aktív maradni, hogy segítsek nektek :) .

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Another incredible project for Budapest! :banana: But why not whole area of the island? BTW how many island are there on Danube in Budapest?

Anyway welcome to SSC! Number of Hungarian forumers is increasing day by day! :) :cheers:

·
25,609 Posts
Another incredible project for Budapest! :banana:
Anyway welcome to SSC! Number of Hungarian forumers is increasing day by day! :) :cheers:
Because there is a 15% development limit... And the Sziget (Island) Festival wouldn't have any place to go! :lol:

But why not whole area of the island? BTW how many island are there on Danube in Budapest?
If i count it right, than 4...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another incredible project for Budapest! :banana: But why not whole area of the island? BTW how many island are there on Danube in Budapest?

The developers didn't buy the whole island, just the southern part, where the shipyards are (they are mostly derelict and in bad condition so the government wanted to get rid of them). The other part of the island is still in the hands of the state.

Ummm. For that second question I need to look up wikipedia :lol:

But there are 3 major islands: Csepel Island, Margaret Island and Shipyard(Hajógyári) Island. There are small ones as well like Népsziget but I don't know all of them.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Because there is a 15% development limit... And the Sziget (Island) Festival wouldn't have any place to go! :lol:
:lol: Some great groups there this year! But I´ll be in England during the summer - but I can try some festival up there...:cheers:

The developers didn't buy the whole island, just the southern part, where the shipyards are (they are mostly derelict and in bad condition so the government wanted to get rid of them). The other part of the island is still in the hands of the state.
Thanks both for explaining! ;)

Ummm. For that second question I need to look up wikipedia :lol:
:lol:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A little part of the Szentendrei-island isn't part of Budapest?
Perhaps:) (I'm really not sure about that)

BTW: I'm going to upload some maquetts for this project so those who want some more regarding this development stay tuned!

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Interesting project and the budget is really impressive, does someone know who is the investor?

And welcome to SSC Peti, nice to see Hungarians are settling here. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Czechs, albeit it's far better than year ago or so.

·
#1 Bunny
920 Posts
Interesting project and the budget is really impressive, does someone know who is the investor?

And welcome to SSC Peti, nice to see Hungarians are settling here. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Czechs, albeit it's far better than year ago or so.
Yes... Plaza Centers or Autoker Holding... Both izraeli firms...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you guys for welcoming me:)

It makes me feel like I'm special :lol: :banana:

The developers are: Álomsziget Kft. and Plaza Centers (Thank God they hired someone for planning the buildings otherwise we would be looking at pictures of boxes).

·
#1 Bunny
920 Posts
BTW, its missing from the maquettes, but there will be a direct connection with Árpád bridge and a tunnel connecting the island with Buda.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BTW, its missing from the maquettes, but there will be a direct connection with Árpád bridge and a tunnel connecting the island with Buda.
Yeah true. It's amazing that they will do a lot of infrustructural things outside the island (of course it's necessary for them so the hotels and stuff are reachable, but they will also renew Szentlélek tér in Óbuda which is very nice .)

·
#1 Bunny
920 Posts
I'm really looking forward of its outcome... When will the development start? Peti, Qtya, Bikes do You Boys know anything about that?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm really looking forward of its outcome... When will the development start? Peti, Qtya, Bikes do You Boys know anything about that?
The starting date is indefinite. The project's webpage says sometimes in 2007 so it should start anytime now :)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts