SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ I had no idea that Bratislava was so small...

Budapest's layout is very Central European, it's gorgeous. :)

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Excellent pictures. I've always enjoyed looking at air pictures. Budapest looks like a very nice city. :)

Tomesh - I wasn't aware that Bratislava wasn't that large. I've always believed that it was a large city.

·
.:junglist : and . AFOL:.
2,427 Posts
hi all.
i live in bratislava. bratislavas population is quite small insteed of budapest. in bratislava lives cca 450 000 people. BUT!! bratislava is 370km square big (little smaller then prague).it seems so small, because the city districts are not so close and not whole area is urban. we have many forests, lakes etc.
on the photo arent these city districts: karlova ves, dubravka, lamac, zahorska bystrica, devin, devinska nova ves, dlhe diely, jarovce, rusovce, cunovo, poddunajske byskupice, vrakuna

and yes, that commie blocks (district Petrzalka)on the photo is the biggest city district in the slovakia and live there 130 000 people. some small gallery about Petrzalka: http://www.petrzalka.sk/buxus/generate_page.php?page_id=452

·
.:junglist : and . AFOL:.
2,427 Posts

bratislavas border are that thick green. and look: its few minutes to hungary and austria :) . i often go there on bicycle :runaway:

·
insatiable
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alien thanks from me also for explaining !! I was wondering myself why the city looked quite small. I was once in Bratislava for a short while and i really liked it. I wondered now that Slovakia is in the EU do more foreign tourists staying in Vienna come to take a quick look at Bratislava? The picture btw is from a flight Vienna - Kos

·
Registered
30 Posts
The commie blocks, or city planning, are rather marvellous for Bratislava. The people, who complain about the style or layout, have obviously never been to NYC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts