SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 792 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to open a new thread that deals with the proposed new hungarian national stadium (Puskás Ferenc stadium) that was officially announced today by the spokesman of the hungarian government.
Source: http://www.nemzetisport.hu/nso_magazinok/a-kormany-elfogadta-a-puskas-stadion-ujjaepitesenek-koncepciojat-2101677

The new stadium is going have 40.000 seats with a possible expansion to 55.000 seats for big events and is going to be a futball arena without a track for athletics. It will be an UEFA elite stadium and the costs will reach an estimated 120 million euros.
The demolition of the old stadium is expected to start in 2011 or early 2012 and will cost 20 million euros - according to the spokesman.
The works will last for apr. 4 years and the stadium is expected to be ready in 2015.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Let's hope something comes of it. Would be beneficial for the clubs in Budapest as well on top of the national team.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There arent any pictures they are still in the planning phase, they havent chosen the planner yet.

·
Hoj!
360 Posts
Would be cool if they kept the big tier, dug out the running track, and built new stands on the other long side and the two short sides.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They won't keep anything from the old stadium they will demolish all stands because the new stadium won't have an athletics track.
There are plans to build a separate athletics stadium next to the new football arena.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
I have thought about upgrading the Puskas Ferenc Stadium into a huge, two full tiers Olympic-type stadium. Any proposals I came up with would have involved demolishing of some portions of the stadium. Now, the stadium is crumbling and is too much of a white elephant. For those reasons, the old Nepstadion is going to pass away for a new football-only arena.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These aren't the final plans for the stadium, they are still in the planning phase of the whole new stadium.
The current plan is to have all the permits for 2014 and then start the construction!
The government have made it clear that they won't demolish the old stadium and the new one will be built between the old one and the Papp László sports arena.

Three months ago I have submitted plans to the government to build the new stadium in place of the current one with demolishing the middle and upper tier of the old stadium leaving the lower tier the only one to be preserved and modernised.
By digging out the athletics tracks and lower the surface by 6-8 meters 10-15.000 new seats could have been installed and with the modernised lower tier that means 40.000 spectators.
The next step would have been a whole new upper tier for 20-25.000 spectators increasing the capacity to 60-65.000 with room for more expansion for olympic games!!!

My plans were to install a new athletics track in place of the 10-15.000 seats in the lowest tier, if Budapest would host the olympics or athletics WC!

The answer was that they will look at my proposal but ultimately stick to they plan to build a whole new stadium.

My plan would have cost 100-150 million euros in first place but a whole new 65.000 seater uefa elite stadium will apr. cost 250-300 million euros...

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Isn't the new football-only stadium supposed to be on the site of the existing Puskas Ferenc Stadium since the Ferenc stadium is being torn down?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isn't the new football-only stadium supposed to be on the site of the existing Puskas Ferenc Stadium since the Ferenc stadium is being torn down?
In the first plans it was, but then the government changed minds and now wants to build between the old one (which is going to be used as an athletics stadium) and the Papp László sports arena!

Obviuosly there is no need for a 60-65.000 seater football stadium except CL- or EL-final but it will be used for concerts too...

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Couldn't the new football stadium have been moved to a different site in the Budapest area?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Looks like Bucarest and Warsaw stadiums.

Are the lower stands retractable ?
This one I posted is from several years back and it's not the actual design, but no - there was no information about stands being planned to be retractable. That would be neat, but very expensive.

1 - 20 of 792 Posts