SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
St. Ambrose University
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else watch the game?
or did anyone else go to the game? i'm jealous if you did...
the excitement of it was comparable to watching the sox in the '05 world series.
im saying dewayne wise's catch is among the top 3 ever in the history of baseball, mainly because of the circumstance it involved and because of a little hometown baised-ism. anyone else have opinions on that?
and how do you think the sox will finish the season? im strongly hoping for a division title.

·
Loyola University
907 Posts
A little late there....but it was very impressive.

·
Chicago Photographer
2,832 Posts
I've been meaning to start this thread. I was lucky enough to watch it at work on a big plaza TV. I watched from the 6th on. saw Wise's catch live which I still think is THEE greatest catch of all time. and one of the best games ever.

edit: an ESPN guy said it best....After running through the game's highlights..he says "and thats why we watch baseball"

·
St. Ambrose University
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little late there....but it was very impressive.
yeah i know, but i came on expecting to see a thread about it and was surprised that there wasnt one yet... ha i guess i had to start one because it deserves it.

·
St. Ambrose University
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been meaning to start this thread. I was lucky enough to watch it at work on a big plaza TV. I watched from the 6th on. saw Wise's catch live which I still think is THEE greatest catch of all time. and one of the best games ever.

edit: an ESPN guy said it best....After running through the game's highlights..he says "and thats why we watch baseball"
i was lucky enough to watch it from start to finish (first time i did that all season i think) but the last few innings are what really get exciting

i believe i heard that same espn guy.. he was talking about how willie mays's over-the-shoulder catch will always go down in history as the best ever but he said that wise's passes it up on his list. cant argue with that :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts