SkyscraperCity Forum banner

bueller's conceptual planning ideas

38K views 170 replies 36 participants last post by  FloridaFuture 
#1 · (Edited)
don't take any of this too seriously--- it is all for fun and debate

project 1
river rescue
salvage the riverfront property behind blake high school along the river at the big bend across from ulele, waterworks park and the heights/armature works

video

blake - site plan

See less See more
#2 ·
Reminds me of Beach Walk on Clearwater beach. Even though many here are opposed to the general idea of cars and roads being a priority, I sort of feel like this is a nice addition to that side of the river.

The buildings being so close to the river, there really isn't any views being ruined by the road way, and it actually looks great they way you have laid this all out.

#6 ·
Very nice use of land going to waste...

Haha, I did a sketch out of a concept sort of like this several years ago... Except my idea relocated the parking garage to the other side of Blake near the hellhole highway, and would then relocate all of the ball fields for all three schools on the riverfront, to an inland common/shared youth sports facility as part of the West River redevelopment. Redevelop all of the riverfront property with whatever the market will bear, with a riverwalk from Rick's to Bayshore.

#8 ·
^^ you missed the point. It is about the city of Tampa using its waterfront in stupid ways.

That high school takes up a huge amount of land ON THE RIVER> baseball fields too. I don't know the footage but it looks like a 1/4 mile at least of riverfront property for a high school. Move school over 1000 ft and redevelop this land.

#12 · (Edited)
#14 · (Edited)
#16 · (Edited)
hillsborough river tower property

study done last year before the developer redesigned their plans

loading up the site with three big towers-
five star hotel and condos in tower one (along the riverfront), office space in tower two and condos or apartments in tower three (facing the park).
street level retail everywhere and a very active riverfront/marina/riverwalk

video:

hr7.bmp on Flickr

hr8 by , on Flickr
hr5.bmp on Flickr

hr4.bmp , on Flickr

hr3.bmpon Flickr

hr1 on Flickr

hr2.bmp Flickr

#17 · (Edited)
st pete tropicana site redevelopment

development concept with:
convention center- +/- 2million sq.ft. total space (which is 3x tampa (700k) but a fraction of Orlando (7 million))
hotel blocks- 3
housing
office tower
retail shopping street
parks focusing on booker creek which is relocated and enhanced
street level retail

video:

site plan 1 on Flickr

t9.bmp on Flickr

Attachments

#21 ·
I dont think we will get another convention center. But I would love to see a large hotel with convention space. Also, love the book creek enhancements. For what its worth, I think booker creek will be a huge factor in the old Police HQ RFP that'll be released in 6 months or so. This should give you an idea of what the city is looking for:

#24 ·
I have seen many people discuss a convention center on the site and I'm with the consensus that the region can't support another convention center, even if it's a larger one that can handle larger conventions. In the end, having two would just be St. Pete stating and nothing else and taking away business from the Tampa one. And the land is too valuable to use almost half of it on a convention center. St. Pete still has plenty of room in the hotel market that a Marriott or Hilton could provide enough convention space within their buildings to meet what demand there is to hold meetings and conventions in St. Pete.

I think the main thing that needs to be incorporated into any plan is definitely a focus on Booker Creek and greenspace.

#27 · (Edited)
tampa union station

union station

brightline, Amtrak, commuter rail lines (to Pinellas, pasco, polk, manatee and Sarasota) and light rail station (shown elevated thru downtown)-- to south tampa (on existing rail lines) and TIA

video-

us1c Flickr

north.bmp Flickr

u8.bmp Flickr

u5.bmp Flickr

u2.bmp Flickr

us10 Flickr

us1.bmp Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.