1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
::: BUENOS AIRES IM-PER-DI-BLE :::

::: 9 DE JULIO AVENUE:::

:::ROQUE SAENZ PEÑA AVENUE:::

7. Bis

9. Skanska Building

::: PLAZA DE MAYO (Main Argentinian saquare) :::

20. Inside the "Cabildo", where de first Argentinian goverment where appointed in 1810.

::: PUERTO MADERO :::

31. Nice picture... insn't it?

35. Le Parc & Renoir

36. Renoir

37. "El Faro" talles Argentinian Building

40. Le Parc X3

45. UCA PM (Catholic University)

COMING SOON:
-SAN TELMO
-RECOLETA
-PALERMO
-LA BOCA
-AV DE MAYO

·
Was schreibe ich hier ??
1,494 Posts
Really great thread , I think i will study in Buenos Aires next year , maybe UCA will be the choice .

·
world citizen
1,526 Posts
Nice pics dude, god job!

BA is very beautiful, one of the most beautiful cities in L.A.

·
Seeking Affiliation
1,217 Posts
Buenos Aires: The Latin America Queen City

Buenos Aires, is arguably, the most European-looking and the most imposingly beautiful city in Latin America although Santiago could be a serious competitor. :yes:

The way I see it, Buenos Aires has little to no favellas unlike Mexico City, Sao Paulo, and Rio de Janeiro. And, what's more impressive is that it's surrounding metropolitan area forms the largest built-up sprawl of any Latin American city out there.

·
You know me V.I.P
717 Posts
Excellent Thread!!! Buenos Aires - Argentina it's one of my favorite cities in america i love it!!!! it is a really modern city :cheers:

·
cuec
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
::: SAN TELMO: MI BARRIO PREFERIDO DE BUENOS AIRES :::

51. Plaza Dorrego

·
Registered
309 Posts
Buenos Aires, is arguably, the most European-looking and the most imposingly beautiful city in Latin America although Santiago could be a serious competitor. :yes:

The way I see it, Buenos Aires has little to no favellas unlike Mexico City, Sao Paulo, and Rio de Janeiro. And, what's more impressive is that it's surrounding metropolitan area forms the largest built-up sprawl of any Latin American city out there.
:bash: Mexico City does not have favelas fool. :bash:

Poor neighborhods yes, favelas no.

Mexico City is the wealthist city in Latin America by far.

·
Banned
32 Posts

You can find slums in any of the world's major cities including so-called 1st world cities like N.Y, London etc... Just because you don't see any in these pics doesn't mean they don't exist. Most posters want to focus on the best aspects of their respective cities not the worst so of course that's the sort of pics they're goint to post in these forums, pics that portray their city in the best possible light.

6 Posts
They say people in this city speak in Spanish, think in English, and want to live in Paris. ;)
Actually the famous quote is something like this:

Argentinians are Italians that speak Spanish with a Genevose and Neapolitanean accent.
They say French speeches and think as English.
They have left-wing views and they live like bourgeois.
They admire the Swiss order and they practice the Iraki disorder
THEY ARE A MISTERY

Ortega and Gassett, Spanish philosopher.

·
Registered
353 Posts
::: SAN TELMO: MI BARRIO PREFERIDO DE BUENOS AIRES :::

Do you recognize this white building?

I'm not completely sure it is... The thing is that I'm IN LOVE of this city, this the sexiest, glamorous, romantic city in the entire american continent!!! I don't know mexico DF, but for me the only latin american city wealthier than baires is Santiago de Chile (It's pretty modern, but it feels totally american, when you visit baires it's like being in europe: a city like paris, filled with italians, galicians and jews :lol: )

If the country wouldn't be so unstable, I'd definitily moved there a while ago :banana:

btw... Puerto Madero is growing SO fast :eek2: I visited the city in 2005, then there was only one of the twin towers built (el faro, that's the name, i guess...) and the other one was just built by half of its size... take a look at those pics now :eek2:

greetings from venezuela!! :cheers:

·
Seeking Affiliation
1,217 Posts
@ hornnieguy

:bash: Mexico City does not have favelas fool. :bash:

Poor neighborhods yes, favelas no.

Mexico City is the wealthist city in Latin America by far.
What the shit! You don't have to be rude! :bash:

Sorry then...I'll call it slums instead of favelas--happy?!

Anyway, Mexico City is, indeed, the richest Latin American city but Buenos Aires seems to have less of these slums than Mexico City. That's obviously because Mexico City has some 22 million people whie Buenos Aires has only about 12 million.

6 Posts
Do you recognize this white building?

I'm not completely sure it is... The thing is that I'm IN LOVE of this city, this the sexiest, glamorous, romantic city in the entire american continent!!! I don't know mexico DF, but for me the only latin american city wealthier than baires is Santiago de Chile (It's pretty modern, but it feels totally american, when you visit baires it's like being in europe: a city like paris, filled with italians, galicians and jews :lol: )
OH THE TANGO.

What a wonderful creation:

Tango was born in Buenos Aires toward the end of the XIX century. It must be said that turn-of-the-century Buenos Aires was an expanding city with an enormous demographic growth rate, sustained above all by emigration originating in several European countries. French, Spaniards, Italians, British, Swiss, Germans, Hungarians, Polish, Slavs, Russians and Jews were part of this migratory current towards Argentina. Those who lived there, European immigrants and some disadvantaged porteños (born in Buenos Aires) made up a new social class. Perhaps as a way of identifying themselves as a group and of feeling they belonged in their new home, they began to create cultural expressions derived from this mixture. This was the start of tango, characterized by its extremely closed codes, which were only accessible to the working classes. The society into which tango was born listened and danced to polkas, mazurkas, havaneras, and waltz.

Somebody said: -Tango is something else than a soft wave turned into music, it is the deepest dance in the world -, and he who spoke these words was not Argentine. The truth is that it must be acknowledged that it represents the last step in the universal dance evolution as regards dances of mixed couples. What started with dance was eventually coming of age in the expert hands of great men, who, inspired in the popular melting pot, captured the richest part of the Buenos Aires culture in their compositions. Themes always refer to the ordinary man and his problems, the city and memories. Thus, tango becomes a portrayal of Buenos Aires and its people. For this reason, undoubtedly, since the best of the Buenos Aires culture is carried in each song, tango gained ground abroad. Some tango musicians and singersare Carlos Gardel, Pdro Chemes Quartet, Anibal Troilo, Astor Piazzolla, Juan D'Arienzo, Osvaldo Pugliese and Carlos Di Sarli.

Today, if you’re looking for tango you have to visit the colorful La Boca neighborhood (the place where the tango was born) with people dancing in the streets, offering great shows. And bars and restaurants with tango shows.

http://cometoargentina.tripod.com/

As for the GDP in Buenos Aires I think it's is still the highest in L. America along with Santiago (it has being developing in the last decades). Mexico has a big GDP but that's because its population is bigger, tho has a lower GDP per capita. Mexico DF has also a larger GDP that other cities like Rome and its GDP is similar to the one of Paris or London, but these cities have also smaller populations, tho the wealthiness is different.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts