SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Does Chicago have copyright laws on anything swirly? Not to my knowledge... but unless I have glaucoma, this is almost (with a few alterations) a carbon copy of FS... Even one of the replies mentions the blatant similarities... not that I really care

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
The Chicago one is better IMO...

this is the one from BA

Compare that building to the other buildings In BA... too tall, no proportional to the other buildings there.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
^^
That "giant" copy cat of FS is just a BA's dream. Do you actually believe that they would build a huge thumb up in its lovely midrises skyline? I don't think that they have the financial for it as well, it isn't exactly like the almighty Dubai which they can pull of some crazy designs. So FS is one and only and it will be the icon for Chicago skyline! :) :cheers: :runaway:

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
It's too chubby for my taste.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I agree with tigs, I actually like the BA version. FS is more like a screw whereas this is like two perpendicular ribbons tapering to a solid spire. Just because it is a spiral design doesn't make it a ripoff. That's like saying that every boxy design is a ripoff of every other boxy design. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts