SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a little show of my appreciation for my second favorite city in golden hoarseshoe.. Buffalo, NY .. although we have some differences i still always have loved Buffalo and my neighbours in the USA. I do play devils advocate somtimes tho :) These are all my personal photos from several of my trips to Buffalo

Buffalo, from Fort Erie, Canada

A glimpse of what the Fort Erie - Buffalo area has to Offer

More recreation and some amazing city hall action

Nice Pano from the North.

15 floors up

Looking East

Some Nice Grit!

The Electric Tower

The Core

The always amazing city hall

Grit and Charm

The Peace Bridge

Good Old Buffalo Bills

Hotel Lafayette

Broadway

NFTA Metro

I love City Hall at Night

Night from Fort Erie

The Square

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
WZ1, I was beginning to think you had a personal thing against Buffalo, I guess I was wrong. There are some great shots, and I never see nightshots by anyone besides myself on Buffalo so thanks for some comparrison material.

don't mind if I save a few of these for my personal collection?

nice, nice nice!

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BuffCity said:
WZ1, I was beginning to think you had a personal thing against Buffalo, I guess I was wrong. There are some great shots, and I never see nightshots by anyone besides myself on Buffalo so thanks for some comparrison material.

don't mind if I save a few of these for my personal collection?

nice, nice nice!
Oh no, i love Buffalo, have family in North Tonawanda, i just get upset somtimes with the way i get treated at the border and stuff, the whole passport thing makes me mad, ive been going across the border for years without one.

Typical trip to Buffalo (i swear this is accurate):

US Customs:

Q: Where are you going?

A: To take photos and visit family in Tonawanda

Q: Why are you going to take photo's?

A: i have a personal website and have a hobby of skyscrapers

Q: will you be selling these photos?

A: No the website is personal

Q: where are you meeting your family?

A: at their home in North Tonawanda

Q: so your not selling the photo's?

A: No the site is personal

Q: how long will you be in the United States?

A: for the day

Q: Can you please open your trunk?

A: sure.. nothing is in there but ok

..proceed

Canadian Customs:

Q: Where were you?

A: Buffalo

Q: Where is home?

A: Toronto

Q: have anything to declare?

A: No

Have a nice day..

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If Toronto's CN Tower had been knocked down on 9/11/01 rather than NYC's World Trade Center, perhaps you would have a different perspective and more understanding.

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NYC007 said:
If Toronto's CN Tower had been knocked down on 9/11/01 rather than NYC's World Trade Center, perhaps you would have a different perspective and more understanding.

I do understand and am very sorry that this happened to my neighbours, i have much regret for this, but why did they attack the US and not Canada? What caused them to attack the US? What makes you guys a target and us not? Help me understand this?

·
Pittsburgh rocks!!
899 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pictures WZ1. Those are some of the best pics of Buffalo I have ever seen.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
WZ1 said:
I do understand and am very sorry that this happened to my neighbours, i have much regret for this, but why did they attack the US and not Canada? What caused them to attack the US? What makes you guys a target and us not? Help me understand this?
Because the US is the most powerful and richest country ever to exist on the face of the earth. The whole object of existance from the biginning of life on earth has been to nock the guy off the top of the heap.

·
Proud Marylander
553 Posts
Those are fantastic pictures! They have the quality I would probably see in a Buffalo tourism magazine or something similar. :)

But with 9/11, it just goes to show how horrible some people can be. I never considered America an obstructionist or a place that ever tried to belittle other nations while boasting its own image, but someone who seems to envy too much and love too little feels the need to stir the water. It's clear who and what the terrorists were after: our economy, our citizens, our freedom. The targets they attacked support all three just mentioned. Anyways, don't worry about it. I think a lot of people, even here, take it for granted; not that they can help it, it's just the way they go about life once the cameras are taken away. I thought 9/11 would be the catalyst for change, on a positive note, but America hasn't changed much when you back up and take a look at things. Our security is more fierce, but this idea of unity has been too temporary; we went back to bitter politics and division in a matter of months.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
WZ1, check your guest book bro.

Buffalo is not hard to shoot at night, you just have to find angles and use the lighting you have available. As for the shots from across the Niagara River...they make for some of the best you can get of Buffalo. WZ1, hope you can make it to the meet so that you can see some of the other places to shoot Buffalo from.

Great stuff here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts