Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good point Steel.

We have been into 58 Glenny twice now, but there are five more towers...only one more is really "realistically" able to enter.

I'll have these on Zenfolio for a long time.:)

·
Registered
544 Posts

Stuff like that always makes me think.

It makes you wonder how the people lived, who were they, what were their lives like etc..

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll give the name, but too many details being shared might ruin the experience for other Urban Expolorers...you might not understand until you get into this stuff. The biggest part of the rush with this stuff is finding it on your own...if I told the entire SSC audience everything about these places...wow...that would suck for those who would want to discover these places.

Don't get me wrong, I can share "some" additional info...but the specific locations within the locations and how to enter might be kept a little more hush-hush. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got ya...

well the Glenny Drive apartments (built early 1950s) housed many buffalo residents of the 'lower income' spectrum. I wanna say that they have been abandoned since 1982...roughly 20-25 years now. Inside, very dark and cold with concrete everything...windows are single pane and the outside porch was caged like something you would see at HH Richardson.

All in all, I'm sure they served they're purpose, but hardly would pass for public housing today.

tear em' down!

·
Registered
544 Posts
got ya...

well the Glenny Drive apartments (built early 1950s) housed many buffalo residents of the 'lower income' spectrum. I wanna say that they have been abandoned since 1982...roughly 20-25 years now. Inside, very dark and cold with concrete everything...windows are single pane and the outside porch was caged like something you would see at HH Richardson.

All in all, I'm sure they served they're purpose, but hardly would pass for public housing today.

tear em' down!
How many projects are in Buffalo?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there are some others by Buffalo General and some up on Elmwood (north) area I think. Plus the ones off Niagara Street...and some by Sheehan...I think they are seperate from the Perry projects.

I'm sure there are more.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good news is that the Marine Drive projects are about as old if not older than the Glenny units...sure would be nice if they found "issues" and had to raze them. That land would be a great addition to the Canal Club.

:)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
good news is that the Marine Drive projects are about as old if not older than the Glenny units...sure would be nice if they found "issues" and had to raze them. That land would be a great addition to the Canal Club.

:)
Ever seen the movie "Slow Burn"? It was in the theaters a couple months ago. Basically a developer wanted to build condos on a site that currently had housing projects and didn't want to wait the 30 year process it would've taken to get them demolished....so he has someone pull fire alarms in the buildings to get the people out then ignites bombs attached to the buildings! I can't say I endorse that method for getting finally getting rid of Marine Drive, but if it happened I wouldn't shed a tear (assuming everyone is out safely).

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ever seen the movie "Slow Burn"? It was in the theaters a couple months ago. Basically a developer wanted to build condos on a site that currently had housing projects and didn't want to wait the 30 year process it would've taken to get them demolished....so he has someone pull fire alarms in the buildings to get the people out then ignites bombs attached to the buildings! I can't say I endorse that method for getting finally getting rid of Marine Drive, but if it happened I wouldn't shed a tear (assuming everyone is out safely).
ahhh, good ol arson and fraud :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts