·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looking North East

Looking South East

Looking South West

Looking East

Looking North (I thought that was Buff State...does anyone know what that building is?)

Looking East

Looking East (setting up for Buffalo's "THURSDAY in the SQUARE")

...more to come...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
That's Grover Cleveland High School. (And the round building is the Karpeles Manuscript Library on Porter Ave.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey ECT, notice in the last two pictures above how they left those South facing windows blocked up in the top three floors. That's a shame because they would've offered a great view of downtown.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's something a little different...

Here we're looking west again. That empty lot below is where the BUFFALO GAS WORKS used to be. You can still see the facade. BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
has selected this site for its headquarters and its accompanying 1,250 employees. Pictured below is the same area circa 1964 (from a slightly different angle).

***I just hope BC/BS doesn't build anything above ten stories there because it would block the view of the lake from the observation deck of city
hall which is one of the few, if only places the general public can get a birds eye perspective of the area.***

·
18,156 Posts
i always wondered what that facade was for. i was clueless. when i was younger, i thought it was used as a backdrop for outdoor plays. that idea still seemed feasible to me even in the last few years.

also, i took a closer look at some of the pictures. i noticed that some trees don't have their leaves yet. it's a little strange to me to see trees in late may that haven't gotten all their trees yet. similarly, i see leaves changing colors in late august when i'm up there. you guys have a short summer. my mom, from tonawanda, always tells people of buffalo summers: pleasant in the day, cool at night. never put your quilts in the attic, because you might need them even in july and august.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts