Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buffalo was so nice today...Dingus Day :runaway:

april 17th, 2006.

Alright, we started downtown at Lafayette Square and walked around downtown a bit, headed over to the West Village and then back over to downtown. After deciding to go over the the east side, we drove up Bailey and grabbed a few shots over an overpass then headed to the Central Terminal for a nice gritty walking adventure...here is a taste.

·
token Canadian
944 Posts
nice pics buffcity!

Buffalo doesn't have many rows because the wealthy and city thought to themselves "why build rowhouses when we have a plethora of land on which to build single family homes?" which at Buffalo's pop. peak they were probably cursing for not building a lot of denser housing styles since there was probably 3 families crammed into a typical single family home. lol

I've heard that urban renewal on the West Side of Buffalo destroyed some brick rowhousing that Italians had lived in for generations. :bash:

·
token Canadian
944 Posts
^thanks.
I'm always around, mostly lurking. lol

·
Registered
342 Posts
Buffalo 'had' a neighborhood of rowhouses on the East Side between E. Ferry and E. Utica, between Main and Jefferson. Some still exist, others have been gone a long time now. A friend of mine has been cronicaling the story of one set of rowhouses on his block that the city owns and has let fall into disrepair. Check out the site here.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Midway is such a nice strip, too bad Buffalo couldnt have an entire neighborhood of those "great" rowhouses.

Buffalo has an odd mix I must say, like Midwestern and Northeastern architecture clash here...and we get some gems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts