Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friends, it's been a long long while...I never stopped shooting, but I did slow down a bit.

On August 4th, 2008 I'll be heading to Iraq to join the rest of the US Military in our efforts to bring stability to Iraq and keep our homeland safe. I'll be deployed until roughly, November 2009.

Unfortunately I will not have the willing desire to explore abandoned Baghdad unless ordered...no cameras and no snooping around as if it was the Buffalo scene.

The following photos are from February-June...quite the stretch but it's pretty comprehensive.

Please enjoy the tour, it's very "my style". lol

visit the link to see it all... http://farnsworth.zenfolio.com/f424525826/

Take a break...get a drink.

thanks and enjoy the beach!

Buffalo style. :lol:

·
Registered
397 Posts
You're one of the best photogs here, I miss your pics in the ever declining UPC. Come home safely, and while I cannot agree with the administration's desire to send you there, I do apprieciate that you are going.

Be safe and godspeed.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
You are easily my favorite photographer. I appreciate your photos so much.

I am sorry to hear you have to go. Thank you for having the strength to protect our country and I hope you all the best!! I can't wait to see you back on in the future.

Eric

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Amazing photography
a lot of creepy pics

STAY SAFE! WE ALL APPECIATE YOUR SERVICE FOR OUR COUNTRY.
Godspeed.

·
7,015 Posts
Buff, you've really grown as a photographer over the years. I've been checking out your collections for a long, long time now, and you've really developed a style all your own. Definitely one of the best photographers on this forum.

Take care of yourself and come back safe. We'll miss your contributions.

·
My user title is the bomb
631 Posts
On August 4th, 2008 I'll be heading to Iraq to join the rest of the US Military in our efforts to bring stability to Iraq and keep our homeland safe. I'll be deployed until roughly, November 2009.
Thanks for the pics! I wish you all the best and safety in Iraq! Thank you so much for your bravery to protect our country and to stabilize Iraq! Come home safe! :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I'm sure many of you know...I support and have always supported the war. In 2002 I deployed on the USS John F Kennedy, we dropped like 50,000 Tons of bang bangs on Afghanistan. I wanted to go back over, I volunteered for this and I'm content, very content with the circumstances...so no hard feelings with "W", he's my boy. lol

I'll be back, maybe with some stories to tell and some insight on the world over there...and when I settle again, the photos will sure flow in.

Later, and thank you all so much...it means the world. :cheers:

·
Registered
63 Posts
very nice pictures, but for someone like me who never went there, and all I see of the city is ugly (old, abandonned) buildings, with homeless people, dirty roads, dirty beach, doesnt makes me want to go there. But you got a real talent for sure. I think your more on the evil side haha, i mean some pictures makes me feel like it was in a SAW movie!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
very nice pictures, but for someone like me who never went there, and all I see of the city is ugly (old, abandonned) buildings, with homeless people, dirty roads, dirty beach, doesnt makes me want to go there. But you got a real talent for sure. I think your more on the evil side haha, i mean some pictures makes me feel like it was in a SAW movie!
This is exactly why I love his photos. You can find shots like this in most large cities but people, at least on SSC, aren't interested in capturing them. This style of photos is under appreciated imo.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Lovely pics of Buffalo. I've driven through, but never had the chance to explore.

I can't say I agree with the war, but I admire your ambition to bring stability to Iraq. Best of luck, and hope you return safely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.