Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friends, it's been a long long while...I never stopped shooting, but I did slow down a bit.

On August 4th, 2008 I'll be heading to Iraq to join the rest of the US Military in our efforts to bring stability to Iraq and keep our homeland safe. I'll be deployed until roughly, November 2009.

Unfortunately I will not have the willing desire to explore abandoned Baghdad unless ordered...no cameras and no snooping around as if it was the Buffalo scene.

The following photos are from February-June...quite the stretch but it's pretty comprehensive.

Please enjoy the tour, it's very "my style". lol

visit the link to see it all... http://farnsworth.zenfolio.com/f424525826/

Take a break...get a drink.

thanks and enjoy the beach!

Buffalo style. :lol:

·
Banned
152 Posts
Loved the one of the lady walking up the Bailey bridge near the hair tonic factory - of course they moved to the suburbs years ago.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Best of luck BuffCity!

Your perspectives & pictures were always an insightful & welcome contribution to this forum. Be careful, at least a half dozen guys (I stopped keeping track after that) from my old side of Buffalo went over to Iraq & didn't make it back alive.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I'm sure many of you know...I support and have always supported the war. In 2002 I deployed on the USS John F Kennedy, we dropped like 50,000 Tons of bang bangs on Afghanistan. I wanted to go back over, I volunteered for this and I'm content, very content with the circumstances...so no hard feelings with "W", he's my boy. lol

I'll be back, maybe with some stories to tell and some insight on the world over there...and when I settle again, the photos will sure flow in.

Later, and thank you all so much...it means the world. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Artistically stunning, a great way to go out and leave the great city of Buffalo to serve your country overseas!

God be with you in Iraq, BuffCity, and stay safe!
Stay safe. Thanks for bringing the beauty in the Buffalo rust to my Florida eyes! I look forward to more in the future.

God Speed!
Great Pics Buffcity.

Good luck and take care buddy. See you at the Buffalo forum meet in '10.
Best of luck BuffCity!

Your perspectives & pictures were always an insightful & welcome contribution to this forum. Be careful, at least a half dozen guys (I stopped keeping track after that) from my old side of Buffalo went over to Iraq & didn't make it back alive.
Good luck and stay safe:)
Even only knowing you through the forum Buf, I'm proud to know you...good luck, god bless, and give em' hell!
be safe buffcity
I don't know you but please be careful and thank you for all the wonderful photos. :yes: ^^
I liked those waterfront pictures, I don't remember seeing those.

Stay safe in Iraq, and thanks for your commitment to our country.
:hug: I agree, stay safe BuffCity. See you in 09! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.