SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright this shoot was supposed to be within the "mini-meet" which really never took shape because I was late meeting up...ah, oh well. I ended up finding WZ1...getting heckled by local Sabres fans on Main street. lol

BONUS Updates on 100 Seneca, HealthNow projects.

I just wandered aimlessly thru downtown, I saw three HOT girls on cruiser bikes, maybe college girls I dunno...but I saw panties :eek2:

So these shots are from downtown, and from a NEW ANGLE...the Niagara Center parking ramp. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice photos.

There is an awsome view of the skyline from the bridge at the end of Porter ave past niagara st, right near the end of the southbound off-ramp for the 290. I dont think ive seen any photos from that angle. Just a suggestion if your ever out looking for skyline shots. You may have already known.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jimi C said:
Nice photos.

There is an awsome view of the skyline from the bridge at the end of Porter ave past niagara st, right near the end of the southbound off-ramp for the 290. I dont think ive seen any photos from that angle. Just a suggestion if your ever out looking for skyline shots. You may have already known.
Being a former Naval reservist, I know the angle you are talking about...I plan to get back down to Front Park, LaSalle Park and that area in the next month, perhaps I'll grab a few photos from this angle, sometimes there is stuff in the way that kinda kills the shot...We'll see.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Those angles are good...

This pic really gives Buffalo urbanity and bigger city feel, IMO...

Excellent job on that photo, Buffers!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ECoastTransplant said:
Definitely some keepers. :)

The West Village pic is cool with the new builds in the foreground (new meaning 1980's!). Also my first look at the 100 Seneca renovation- what's with the dark glass? :bash:
I dunno whats up with the dark glass...It seems that the whole building is gonna get renovated to have that glass...it's actually quite sharp for a building that was nothing for so long. I'm just glad they kept it after building the ballpark.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
That last one inside the HSBC complex is kinda cool.

And man that Dulski is fugly. I'm not going to advocate demolition (though I certainly wouldn't be opposed, either), but it needs some sprucing up for sure. Maybe it's that elevator column, I dunno. M&T has that but it's not so...sore-thumb-ish.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, I was walking towards the Arena and stopped...looked up and said "no shit" and got this one...I like it too.

I'm just so damn happy the Sabres beat Ottawa, I can't even imagine what happens if they go to the finals...Buffalo is gonna be WILD!!! :) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :) :) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :sleepy: :) :) :) :) :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :cheers: :bash: :cheers: :cheers: :bash: :) :) :) :cheers: :bash: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :bash: :) :cheers: :bash: :) :cheers: :cheers: :bash: :bash: :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I found him getting attacked by Sabres fans on Main street...poor guy. Here is Matt with Grier's dad. lol

Sabres fans, and Matt going to game 3, downtown.

this one for whoever hates MAIN PLACE MALL. :)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
LOL.

Find me a greater waste of 3 acres of real estate in the city (excluding parking lots), in the CBD core no less.

Convention Center maybe, but at least it serves a purpose, ugly as it may be.

Try it on Google Earth with the measuring tool. The Empire State Building would fit perfectly in place of that "mall" (while keeping the tower).

·
Registered
4,596 Posts

That's a good picture, I'd really like to meet this guy, if he says he is Mike Grier's dad, lol!

What to do with Main Place Mall... It's as dead as the infamous Galleria in London, Ontario or Rochester's Midtown Plaza. Maybe they should make it into a mixed use office complex or something. Oh, the possibilities...

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
Not the most flattering picture of me, but hey LOL.. i got a woman already.. Was great to meet Buffcity.. too bad it got messed up.. and for the record I had had like 4 beers inside the Irish Times before i got the brilliant idea to heckle the Sabres fans.. was a lot of fun tho and the Sabres Victory was bittersweet.. while now that my home town team is out GO SABRES GO!! See you all at round 3 and 4 just got the tickets!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so you have to put your Sabres jersey back on huh? I bet you could confuse many people in downtown Buffalo if the playoffs go far enough...lol

I kinda like the 100 Seneca look, better than the painted brick filled window building with a broken clock...hey, not everything can be a Frank Lloyd Wright...lol

ahhhh, come on...I want some Hockey already.

I'm pulling for Edmonton, can't hardly imagine Buffalo beating up on a wimpy California team like SJ or Anaheim. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts