Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I use all but central terminal on the game, the NIMO is a nice touch.

HSBC, I have yet to use this one yet...the guy who designs these for SC4 is a member on here Sargentcm or something similar.

the State building in Syracuse would be a nice addition to the game, as well many other builings in upstate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just thinking that. Personally i think whoever makes these is extremly talented. I sat down with the BAT and crawled away crying. Its tough

But i would love to see the State tower Building and the Carrier Dome. SC4 needs a good dome...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
BuffCity said:
here is one...how come the lights never come on in any of my downloaded SC4 landmark buildings like these?

I dont mean to turn this into a SC4 thread in the regional forum, but I really dont know why my lights wont turn on.
There's a patch you need to download from the official Maxis site which was released at the same time as the BAT. That question gets asked repeatedly on ST and I'm glad you brought it here instead of starting another "flame war" there lol.

I was actually contacted awhile back by someone interested in creating a true-to-life Syracuse region in the game and asked if I would create a few buildings, notably the State Bldg. I do have interest (I've also skirted around doing the Dome and Carousel), but I haven't done much in a while. Part burn-out, mostly just real-life getting in the way though. Eventually I would hope to re-create all of the major players in Buffalo's skyline, including but not necessarily limited to Rand & Main Place (the two biggest missing), Verizon, Guaranty, and Main-Seneca. Other projects I've eyed are the 2 other stadiums (Pilot Field and Rich Stadium - I abstinately refuse to refer to them by their current names), the Naval Park, Lafayette Sq., the airport terminal, and even good-old Earl's out in Chaffee on Rte 16! I doubt half of this will ever come to fruition, but it's nice to think about none-the-less. At least I think I can proudly claim that I've helped Buffalo become SimCity's best-represented city, on a per capita basis at least!

Other Buffalo BATs you missed include the Aud, City Court (probably jsieczka's best re-creation), Industrial Bank, M&T (although I think the scaling looks a bit off). On the retail end, businesses related to the area (in a US sense at least) include Tops, Wegmans, Perkins, Wilson Farms, and Tim Horton's (who I was impressed to see nearly completely ran Dunkie's right out of town!).

·
A B C
1,669 Posts
Wonderful!

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Ya know I tell people here in chicago about the supermarkets of WNY but they can not comprehend what I am talking about.
It is like I am trying to describe what the 6 dimension looks like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.