Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Frustrated Male Model
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spent about 2 hours driving around trying to get to the windfarm. I could always see it in the distance yet I could never actually get there. Oh well, here are some shots.

Kind of hard to make out, but that's a sailboarder.

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
Speaking of the windmills, I noticed yesterday that they all seemed to be aligned. Maybe they're done? (until if/when they add more of course)

Well, if nothing else, your plight is a good case for why we need better waterfront access around here.

There are tons of vantage points, however. Just about anywhere in Lackawanna; you can even see them from the McKinley Mall (Sears end). I could imagine if you had any elevation, you can see them from just about anywhere in the southtowns and half of the city.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Go into Lackawanna and enter thru the "Buffalo Crushed Stone" enterence...you will not even make it over to Bethelhem steel there...the windfarm is basically straight ahead along the shore as the old Steel plant will be to your right and inland along the slip.

Nice shots...been through that area myself many times, the Larkin is a great touch to what could be a dead and crime filled neighborhood.

Keep it up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice shots...been through that area myself many times, the Larkin is a great touch to what could be a dead and crime filled neighborhood.

The area isn't dead, but it is sparsely populated. It's mostly businesses, not what you normally consider *industrial* more like distribution and warehousing.

Not exactly crime filled either. What the nieghborhood could be is one of the better kept secrets around. AFAIK, Citiview Properties (LCo developer) has some pretty good plans for the area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Of course anything *could* be anything. And actually, Graphic Controls occupied the LCo building prior to moving to new digs down Exchange street.

Yes it was a good thing Citiview stepped in before the building went the way of so many other vacated buildings, considering it didn't is testimony of the strength of the area. Most of what appear to be vacant buildings in the area are not, nor have been, vacant since they were built.

Oh, BTW I mostly lurk. But this is a little to clode to home to stay out of the thread <g>

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
stop lurkling and get in on the talk...come on there are loads of Buffalo types here and we always seem to have something on the burner.

I have official permissions to go top side on the roof of the Larkin whenever...I might go thru there and do a photo tour sometime.

I imagine the view is impressive all around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts