SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Frustrated Male Model
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

P.S. - BOO! to whoever was fishing this morning and left jars of dirt, fish heads/tails and beer bottles on one of the stone benches.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
WHERE IS THAT PLACE!?!?!?!!??! That's one of the most beautiful parks I've ever seen. Gives central park a run for its money.

·
Frustrated Male Model
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Japanese Garden is behind the Historical Society on Nottingham Terrace, near Buffalo State College and the Albright Knox. It's right next to Delaware Park and Hoyt Lake, so it might even be an Olmsted design, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else know?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
the garden was started like 10 years ago, by a person who comes to Buffalo to maintain it from japan or something atleast that what I think I saw on BR online.

Buffcity has been out of downtown, you are crazy steel...you just dont know...

First Ward, Fillmore and Genesee...Broadway and Polonia, Ganson, Niagara lets see, West Village, Delaware, Elmwood, Allentown and more and more to come. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
We can have a late lunch on Genesee if you guys want ghetto pork sandwiches, which actually smells great driving or walking thru the neighborhood.

Delaware Park, what a place.

we should get out and see some parts of the city worth seeing, there are beautiful mansions on Lincoln Parkway just south of Hoyt Lake in Delaware Park, we could always check those out.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
The Japanese garden is not part of the Olmstead plan. It was installed in the park in the 1970's when one of Buffalo's sister cities donated a japanese lantern. The islands and a bridge were constructed. It was then left on its own to deteriorate in Buffalo's bad old days. It still could be a lot better but is very charming. Too bad there is a roaring highway just across the lake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts