Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Frustrated Male Model
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The idea of natural beauty in a large rust belt city like Buffalo might seem odd at first glance, but there's more to this area's scenery than Niagara Falls.

Kirsty Lake at the Tift Nature Preserve. I'm going to assume they named the lake in honor of my favorite singer, Kirsty MacColl.

Kirsty Lake.

As Florida Evans would say, dam dam dam!

This cottony seed stuff was everywhere. Sometimes it looked like it was snowing.

The trail leading to the duck blind.

A duck.

Now it's down into Hamburg to watch the sun set along Lake Erie.

Meanwhile, back in Buffalo...

·
Registered
342 Posts
the Aquarama should just be sank off Erie and forgotten...jesus!
Hey, that actually is a good idea. It can be the start of a reef out in the lake!

WSJ, I love the photos. Tift is one of my favorite places to go hiking in the City. It is an amazing place. I am always amazed by the fact that 100 years ago it used to be the coal docks for the Lehigh Valley railroad. The City Ship Canal used to continue into the site and lake freighters would travel as far south as Tift Street and then turn north into the coal docks and unload their cargoes from Pennsylvania and the Midwest.

Look just south of where the Buffalo is in Buffalo Creek. Those three slips are the coal docks and where Tift Nature Preserve is today.

From: http://historical.maptech.com/getImage.cfm?fname=buff01se.jpg&state=NY

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
the Aquarama should just be sank off Erie and forgotten...jesus!
I've suggested before that it be towed out into the lake on July 4th and launch fireworks from it like they do in NYC, the only difference being that it be loaded with about 6 million megatons of dynamite and exploded for the grand finale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts