Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
what exactly was that bus used for? Anyone know?

Behind that bus in the bldg. that Scientology renovated- looks much better today! And to the right is the block that First Amherst is converting to residential- I don't know when that pic was taken (early 70's?) but those buildings look vacant even then! So 30 years of blight and now just getting rehabbed! Good thing the "shovel ready" crowd didn't get at them!

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
The special bus was a repair bus. Many bus systems convert old buses for that purpose. You still see some very old buses in Chicago used for repariing "L" tracks in chicago. Some times they have generators inside them for welding.

That bus is old enough to be one of the buses that GM dumped on the market to kill off the street cars in American cities.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
here is a computer rendering of the interior

If only some rich guy would step forward to rebuild this master piece. The destruction of this building was a mega blunder by Buffalo. It easily ranks in the top 5 of all of Wright's work (Johnson Wax, Guggenheim, Robie House, Falling Water, Larkin Building) Can you imagine any of the other 4 being torn down???? Even after this blunder Buffalo came within inches of destroying Sullivan's Guaranty Building in the early 80's.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Damn! Look at that old lift bridge! Thats what they should try to recreate near the foot of Main or Erie Basin if a bridge to the outer harbor is built. I'm just sick of what urban renewal did to this city. I guess we should be grateful we didn't pull a Niagara Falls and tear down everything!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts