SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the "uptown" area, just wanted to cover this area when I could.

Main, Linwood, North, Summer, Allen, Delaware, Goodell.

Views from the HSBC Arena parking ramp, cobblestone dist.

BONUS* Status photos of Granite Works progress.

Hope you got your rocks off! :)

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Yeah, but it's still a crime that it has been allowed to deteriorate to a shell.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
^^ Take a drive down the 33, and on the eastern side at the southern end of the depressed section (a block or so north of the Science Museum), there is one beautiful large house with no windows left and covered in graffiti. Frickin' travesty, and heads should roll, but we all know they won't.

So where are the dirty parents and their midget progeny?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
sargeantcm said:
^^ Take a drive down the 33, and on the eastern side at the southern end of the depressed section (a block or so north of the Science Museum), there is one beautiful large house with no windows left and covered in graffiti. Frickin' travesty, and heads should roll, but we all know they won't.

So where are the dirty parents and their midget progeny?
Why you talkin' 'bout my house?! I gots 53 churrins to feeds.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
That house could probably hold 53 churrins if properly upkept!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't really like people in my photos. I like the landmarks and buildings, and the artistic views that the city provides...not the living people shots. I have some shots with people, but it's not my thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BuffCity said:
I don't really like people in my photos. I like the landmarks and buildings, and the artistic views that the city provides...not the living people shots. I have some shots with people, but it's not my thing.
Thats fine and all but its a city right? isnt there suppose to be people eveywhere, or isnt it a people friendly city.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
boo-hoo said:
Thats fine and all but its a city right? isnt there suppose to be people eveywhere, or isnt it a people friendly city.
lets see...lets go back and read my post AGAIN. I said I dont like taking photos of people, there are 290,000 people in Buffalo. I don't take photos of the people in Buffalo any of the 290,000 people in Buffalo.

I dont understand the confusion...but thats not my fault.

Buffalo is very people friendly, we just get a bad rap because we lost the super bowl 8 times or some shit.

Go Sabres! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
^^ Besides most cities in the US under 500k you're not going to find much widespread activity outside of the normal 9-5 anyways.

I agree about people shots, btw. I like to think of it in terms of jigsaw puzzles. You know, you buy that beautiful 1000 piece puzzle of a New England fishing village/harbor scene, and there are absolutely no people in the picture, and it covers 3-4 blocks and 20 docks. How'd they do that?!?!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't get me wrong the pictures are nice, I am really interested in Buffalo real Estate because it looks like you can pick up some really cheap properties to fix up, and i really enjoy looking at them.

I have even brought myself a buffalo football jernsey, even though i dont understand American football, and am damned if i know who number 11 Bledsloe is (looks good though), its just some of the street scene's you would expect to see lots of cars and people walking around.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
lookin' good buff. :yes: nos. 1, 9 & 12 are ace.

good to see that old mansion rehabed. utica has got way too many neglected as well.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
boo hoo, the only photos I have with street activity (people) are as follows...

If you are looking at the Buffalo market as far as housing, this is a great place to get some info...hell we can probably get photos and a neighborhood bio in about a days time.

Where are you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
they are good pics, thats what you expect to see

Buffcity, that would be great, i have looked on ebay at some properties for sale, but there was a warning on the TV here in Australia about investing because people where getting ripped off, with properties being misrepresented and buying in areas that they shouldn't.

What interests me is i check on the link, best places, and the crime rate is like 7 out of 10, i am not quite shore what that means? I would be very interested to know where the good areas where, and if the properties are still quite affordable but dont know where to look, if you know which suburbs to look at and local Real Estate Agent websites, to give a truer indication on price that would be great. and of course any Buffalo pics are always interesting

1 - 20 of 33 Posts