SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
That church in the foreground in the first picture (Southwestern Alliance) is right in front of the apartment complex I'll be moving into in 2 weeks. Can't wait!

While the skyline views from the northeast show perhaps the best Buffalo has to offer in terms of density, I have to say this vantage point, however rare, has to give the best combination of density and sprawled-out size that you can get in Buffalo. If you can imagine taking the NYC skyline from Brooklyn and shrinking it down, (pre-9/11) you'd get something like that (HSBC=WTC, Rand=ESB, etc.) Nice pics.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I would imagine you could see it. You can see it quite plainly on 219 from about that same distance/angle as you approach the Thruway merge/exit 55.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
OLV Basilica is just outside the picture frame to the right on both of these. There is another church tower seen at the left side which is also in Lackawanna about a half mile west of OLV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.