SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
B-e-a-utiful. Sunday was a gorgeous day.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
The leaves are coming, I noticed all the trees were all of a sudden budding yesterday, almost looked like leaves in some places.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Great pics *cough*more neighborhood shots*cough*

·
Frustrated Male Model
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use a Canon Digital Rebel I purchased used from a photographer friend. I paid $400 which basically means I can't spend any money ever again for the rest of my life. Or beyond. Anyway, he gave me the 35-80 kit lens instead of the usual 15-55 that comes with the camera. I absolutely love the camera, but I'm kind of in over my head. I'm just not good enough - yet. Hopefully as time goes on and I learn more, I'll have more control over how images turn out.

The camera's pluses for me:

1. the camera feels and operates just like a 35mm camera. I'm old school and can't get used to the tiny new cams. I need it to have some heft.

2. pretty much every aspect of shooting is adjustable from exposure and aperture down to ISO and white balance. like i said i'm in over my head so right now that's overwhelming, but as i learn more it's better.

The downsides

1. the auto settings don't give such great results

2. the kit lens is definitely the weak link. i'm already at the point where i'm looking for a new lens, and i just can't afford one.

3. there are adapter rings available to allow other brand lenses to fit my camera, but the ring for pentax k lenses costs $75 - 175. my pentax lenses are useless until i save some money, but that adapter is still cheaper than new lenses.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!

·
Frustrated Male Model
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ROCguy said:
Great pics *cough*more neighborhood shots*cough*
My neighborhood is pretty rough... don't make me spend more time there!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Lower West Side? Here's one I have:

Fittingly, I know for a fact that I took this pic on a Sunday morning a couple of years ago.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts