Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks.

Yesterday I decided to just focus on what was on site in the city. Apologies for the occasional poor use of Caps Lock. I've only listed schemes on site this time, along with their value.

Pleasingly, the total comes to just over £2.2bn. I've included the Royal as It'll get sorted one way or another.

Quay Central 25
60 old hall street 17
Silkhouse court 25
Studio 200 15
Princes building 9
The Residence 8
Corn Exchange 16
Strand Plaza 26
Playhouse Theatre 0.55
L1 studios 10
One Wolstenhome Square 40
30-40 seel street 2.5
14 wolstenhome square 5
Diesel, wood st 0.4
Kings Dock mill 15
Bridgwater St 1.7
X1 - tower 25
Philharmonic Rise 7
Unite, Skelhorne street 70
Lantern, Lime St 39
Royal 429
Clatterbridge 124
One Islington Plaza 15
Fabric Residence/ - 33 devon St 17.5
Lexington 82
Plaza 1821 21
CLT 60
Martins Bank 50
Strand House 40
Quest Apartments - church st 5
Epic - Duke st 4
Times Hotel, seel st 15
8 - Iliad 10
Hope st hotel 12
Hardman House 20
Liverpool International College - Kaplan 40
Rutherford Centre 35
Aura 20
Havelock 0.5
Infinity 250
Baltic Creative 15
The Weavers 50
Herculaneum Quay 15
Gravity, Water St 5
The Baldocks, Bridgewater st 5
Ropemaker Place 7
The Rise 40
Irwell chambers 2.1
Baltic 56 8
Chavesse building 6
UofL - Law School 10

Out of Town(ish and beyond!)

Tobacco Warehouse 50
Project Jennifer 45
Notre Dame school housing 8.9
Fox Street Village 15
Phoenix Place 20
285-289 vauxhaull rd 6
Edge Lane fruit & veg market 7.3
Edge Lane shopping park - west 15
Range and Travelodge 10
New Mersey cinema 60
Home Bargains - Speke 10
Mill Brow - keepmoat 18
Affinity - window lane 1.2
Plus Dane - Welsh Streets 17.4
Greenbank Halls 90
parliament residence - 2 10
Marsh - Livingstone Drive 5
The Approach - edge lane 20
City Terraces - Park Street 3.9
Ogdens Place 19
Park Rd - social housing 5
Calderstones - The Reader 4.3

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,772 Posts
These reckon over £3 Billion, either way it's impressive. It's good that they say that they're only counting stuff on site too. Considering we have a decent pipeline with the likes of the film studios still to come, things are looking up.

Regenerating Liverpool @Regen_Lpool
Jun 11

WOW! For the 1st time in #Liverpool's history, the value of #regeneration schemes on site has passed £3 billion. http://www.regeneratingliverpool.com #construction #jobs

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These reckon over £3 Billion, either way it's impressive. It's good that they say that they're only counting stuff on site too. Considering we have a decent pipeline with the likes of the film studios still to come, things are looking up.
Well, there's probably a few I haven;t included. For example they might be including £200m for pot holes! Whilst a lot of money, I decided not to include that. Similarly, I don't include other road schemes. The LCC road programme totals £300m and if they have started on one of the many smaller schemes, they'd probably include the value of the entire project.

https://liverpool.gov.uk/parking-travel-and-roads/better-roads/

There were a few other schemes that LV stated as on site that I just didn't count (they still have Pinnacle's Pall Mall down for example). So with as couple of other scheme's added to the mix, plus the two big road projects, that's not far off £3bn. There's probably a few warehouse type schemes I've omitted too. I find those more difficult to track.

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,772 Posts
Is Shakespeare North on there?

I know it's a nightmare keeping track on stuff like this but as you say, with the things omitted it's close to £3Billion, with the stuff you're purposely missing off and the conversions, it takes it well over. Outside of the capital only Manchester and Birmingham are building more I reckon.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Great work on the list BB :cheers:

For all the negativity that goes around the forum occasionally, its actually not looking bad. We could be doing much worse! Hopefully by the end of the year we can keep improving that regeneration value more up towards £4 Billion.

Reactions: Paul D

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree. What do we have that's imminent? I counted 437m worth which I'd feel confident about. There's stuff further out like Ovatus and all those Leeds St day dream schemes. It's difficult to judge how likely most of the proposed schemes are, so I'm being conservative.

Littlewoods studios 50
IofM ferry 15
Hive 48
Pall Mall Exchange 200
The Address, Seel St 36
Gostins building hotel 10
JMU, Copperass Hill 64
The Parks, Phase 5 14

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Is Shakespeare North on there?

I know it's a nightmare keeping track on stuff like this but as you say, with the things omitted it's close to £3Billion, with the stuff you're purposely missing off and the conversions, it takes it well over. Outside of the capital only Manchester and Birmingham are building more I reckon.
Positive but it's a bit like LFC. Going well in 4th but never going to win the league, fall short for the big prizes and unable to compete with the budget of the Manchester clubs.

HS2 a gamechanger for Birmingham as well as Salford Quays/Media City has been for Manchester area. Getting the film studios and securing channel 4 would be huge but in reality you can see that going to one of the aforementioned.

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,772 Posts
That's the reality of it though gazzaa, and if you're old enough to remember how far we'd fallen and grown up in a time when nothing was ever built like me you'll understand my positivity.

We're moving in the right direction, and third discounting London is good considering we were further down the pecking order not so long ago.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The likely/imminent pipeline is a little worrying, though all it would take to reassure me would be another plot or two in Paddington announced, one or two of the Leeds St schemes going on site and maybe something in Baltic going on site. Obviously I want more commercial but there's little down the pipe. Maybe an occupier for the mini Peel scheme at Princes Dock.

Then of course there's the Everton stadium and Annie Rd. Both will provide big boosts to the city, with LFC coming to fruition first in all likelihood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts