SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In between Wachovia and one biscayne there is a lot that has no highorise building, it is a huge gap in the skyline, and if someone where to put a nice 800 footer or so it would do more to strengthen the miami skyline than any other project.

So the question is, does anyone know if there are any projects scheduled for that lot?

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Mike19 said:
In between Wachovia and one biscayne there is a lot that has no highorise building, it is a huge gap in the skyline, and if someone where to put a nice 800 footer or so it would do more to strengthen the miami skyline than any other project.

So the question is, does anyone know if there are any projects scheduled for that lot?
MIKE :) , Welcome and make sure you Voted in the Florida Forum for favorite CITY, lol, ANSWER to your Question, NOTHING as of NOW, its the VITA Building, and Yes, something needs to be done with that old Southeast banking Corporation Building before thet Built The WACHOVIA Finanacial Banking Center TOWER :) , ITS as OLD AS ME, built in 1955, LOL. :cheers:

·
Registered
291 Posts
It's pretty lousy that such a lame building is on such a prized site. One Bayfront Plaza, as it's officially known, was built in 1959 for the First National Bank of Miami and it was the first major highrise built in the city since the DuPont building in 1938. It was primarily built to develop the downtown waterfront, along with the newly built DuPont Plaza Hotel. But it never worked out to its purpose and has been an eyesore ever since.

Here's a nostalgic picture :spam1: of this hated building from 1959:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
tho not the prettiest building ever... i like it, adds a sense of history to downtown... gives us a significant building from that era... i say keep it, theres plenty of empty parking lots to buid on before we start tearing down buildings...

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nimbyhater said:
tho not the prettiest building ever... i like it, adds a sense of history to downtown... gives us a significant building from that era... i say keep it, theres plenty of empty parking lots to buid on before we start tearing down buildings...
the courthouse is a piece of history, freedom tower is a significant building. this is ugly and needs to go

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
The building is owned by Florida East Coast Realty & it's president/chairman is Tibor Hollo who has developed the OMNI mall, Plaza Venetia, the Marriot on Biscayne Bay,Venetian Grand, Bay Parc Plaza,the Club at Brickell Bay and now the Opera Tower.

I'm not of fan of this building but it was renovated and contains over 700,000 sq. feet which is a lot for an 18 story building and is nearly fully leased.
Of course they could demolish it and build a taller, much more profitable & significant building given its prime location fronting Biscayne Blvd.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Mike19 said:
the courthouse is a piece of history, freedom tower is a significant building. this is ugly and needs to go
im not comparing it to the courthouse, or freedom tower... its just historical in a different way... and lets fill in parking lots before we start tearing it down

come on... its not that ugly

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
dale lets not get into politics eventhough i still think bush is an [email protected]
and that our nation is about to fall. goodthing is that i know how to speak chinesse so i will fit right in when they become the next world power give or take another year.

also goodthing is they are building nice skyscrapers out there so i will feel right at home. i would have never thought i would live long enough to see the day when the united states falls as a world power and cuba is still under castros rule. fidel will sure be jumping with joy in a few years.

·
Savior of Gondor
1,538 Posts
Fidel will sell cigars to the Chinese. Maybe when they take over everything (financially that is) they will make Miami there North American HQ and build a 1000 foot tower on this site. RX is right, good to learn Chinese, we are getting the money from them to fund Bushmonkeys escapeds in the Middle East after all.

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
ps

being that this site belongs to tibor hollo
after he finishes villa magna-which might be a commercial building
he will build a commercial tower on this downtown site.

currently he has opera tower in progress 2005

then villa magna-probably commercial 2007

then the downtown parcel between the wachovia tower-probably commercial 2009

then the mutual omaha building in brickell infront of the brickell bay club will be raised and converted to an commerical office tower 2011

then i believe he still owns rivergate plaza next to brickell on the river which will most likely be condos around 2015

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
miaballinboi

did i not tell you that we would get close to a 1000k footer
look at met 3 at 866ft thats almost 900 if you round off so
lets look at the next tower to be 900 with an 100 ft spire

i think you will be surprised to see whats in the drawing boards as far as office towers in the next 9 months... my sources say that there are 12 office towers being designed

5 in brickell
(two of them are known parc place II and Latitude one)

7 in cbd
(two of them known one uc near overtown metrorail station another near club space)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Rx727sfl2002 said:
miaballinboi

did i not tell you that we would get close to a 1000k footer
look at met 3 at 866ft thats almost 900 if you round off so
lets look at the next tower to be 900 with an 100 ft spire

i think you will be surprised to see whats in the drawing boards as far as office towers in the next 9 months... my sources say that there are 12 office towers being designed

5 in brickell
(two of them are known parc place II and Latitude one)

7 in cbd
(two of them known one uc near overtown metrorail station another near club space)
holy shit! what are your sources! thats some of the most amazing news ive herad in a long time! is our long coveted office boom perhaps arriving? and in overtown and park west, downtown's great frontier, thats amazing! tell us more rx! are they mostly small projects or are some large nice ones in the work? dont leave us in suspense man!

thanks rx, this is great

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
nimbyhater said:
holy shit! what are your sources! thats some of the most amazing news ive herad in a long time! is our long coveted office boom perhaps arriving? and in overtown and park west, downtown's great frontier, thats amazing! tell us more rx! are they mostly small projects or are some large nice ones in the work? dont leave us in suspense man!

thanks rx, this is great
wow this is definitely great news, I have to go with McDonald's and say I'm loving it, I can't wait to find out more information on the office towers. :eek2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.