Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Building Britain programme tonight will feature a different city depending on your region. I am currently in the London region today and shall be watching the London version tonight. I am going to tape BBC Scotland's Glasgow programme. I hear the midlands show is featuring Birmingham? Is BBC North West featuring Manchester or Liverpool? ( que the bitter arguments over preferencial treatment! ). Thing is I'd really like to see the Birmingham show and the North Weat one too. Can people report back to this thread about each individual show? Could anyone even youtube the shows? Cheers.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
You might want to check out the Britain in Pictures site too. There's some fantastic shots on there. They want to build up an archive of British architecture which I think is a fantastic idea.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might want to check out the Britain in Pictures site too. There's some fantastic shots on there. They want to build up an archive of British architecture which I think is a fantastic idea.
Will do! Great idea.

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,725 Posts
Is BBC North West featuring Manchester or Liverpool? ( que the bitter arguments over preferencial treatment! ).
Wouldn't it be preferencial treatment to feature on above the other though? I've heard they're discussing the doomed fourth grace for Liverpool,that was cancelled over 2 years ago,what's the point of that? there's so much more happening here.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I see the local media now ranks Bradford above Sheffield. :eek:hno:
Its only coz Linda Barker is hosting it and she's from Bratford, its going to be a biased account on how Bradford will one day exceed Leeds because obviously all our booming buildings are crap and that in the long term, Bradford will be Yorkshire's real force to be reckoned with :nuts: Something along the lines of that. We'll probably get loads of old locals who thinkg Leeds should stay as it once was because thats all Leeds should allowed to be. One plus point is that there'll be a future render of Leeds with Lumiere on it.

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
The Welsh one (probably focuses on Cardiff and Swansea only) is on at 7.30pm, so while you get Blackpool cops or whaterever shite, we get ours early lol. If you want to watch the others and you have sky go to channel 0101 and work backwards, you will find the whole country

·
BAND
12,217 Posts
Its only coz Linda Barker is hosting it and she's from Bratford, its going to be a biased account on how Bradford will one day exceed Leeds because obviously all our booming buildings are crap and that in the long term, Bradford will be Yorkshire's real force to be reckoned with :nuts: Something along the lines of that. We'll probably get loads of old locals who thinkg Leeds should stay as it once was because thats all Leeds should allowed to be. One plus point is that there'll be a future render of Leeds with Lumiere on it.
Lol. Fair enough, We'll have to wait and see.

·
wiggledypiggleypuddinghed
13,066 Posts
oooh exciting. I guess if anyone has sky then can watch any of the regional epidsodes, altho you'll only be able to watch one, unless you have an aerial too in which case you can watch one region on sky, and record your local region one on bbc2 or wotever

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
I'm a little confused. Are they broadcasting every single regional episode at once today? If so, I'm gunna be a bit pissed off! I want to see all the cities :(

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes. This may further dissapoint you but the Birmingham programme is focusing on religious temples and not skyscrapers etc. The bad news for Liverpudlians - brace yourselves - is that Loyd Grossman is hosting their show.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Brighton will be the focus tonight on both BBC South and BBC South East regions, perhaps a little unfair seeing as Portsmouth and to some extent Southampton also have a fair amount of development going on.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Yes. This may further dissapoint you but the Birmingham programme is focusing on religious temples and not skyscrapers etc. The bad news for Liverpudlians - brace yourselves - is that Loyd Grossman is hosting their show.
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts