SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
523 Posts
Very good pics!~

I notice some angles in the pictures are quite interesting. My guess is that you took these pics from another building. How did you manage to get up there?

Btw, Car L, are you from HK?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HKT said:
Very good pics!~

I notice some angles in the pictures are quite interesting. My guess is that you took these pics from another building. How did you manage to get up there?

Btw, Car L, are you from HK?
Thanks,

I read that more than 50% of the residential high-rises in the world are located in HK. I am lucky to have some relatives and friends are living in one of those, and that is where I took some of those photos from.

As most people probably do, I do look for overpasses, bridges, small hills or even the upper deck of a bus to take some interesting photos.

For your last question, I am from HK, but stay overseas most of the time these days.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Nice. Some of these buildings look like they belong in Dallas or Houston! There are so many skyscrapers in Hong Kong that there are bound to be some that are ignored.

·
Registered
652 Posts
We should have these kinds of threads a lot more often. I'm so sick and tired of seeing canary wharf, champs elysee or the HK harbour & youknowwhatbuilding for the 800th f..king time... I mean, I can google them up if I want to see them.
But with these sort of treads, I can once again see these cities in a new light. And I don't care if the buildings shown aren't photogenic or are even downright hideous, they still part of the city and it's history.

fascinating picture, it truly is...

·
46,816 Posts
great pictures

some of these smalled towers have fascinating designs.

like these two

·
122,022 Posts
satama said:
We should have these kinds of threads a lot more often. I'm so sick and tired of seeing canary wharf, champs elysee or the HK harbour & youknowwhatbuilding for the 800th f..king time... I mean, I can google them up if I want to see them.
But with these sort of treads, I can once again see these cities in a new light. And I don't care if the buildings shown aren't photogenic or are even downright hideous, they still part of the city and it's history.
There are a lot of threads out there showing the other aspects of Hong Kong. I myself have posted a number of threads in my 50+ part Hong Kong series devoted to the non-touristy areas :
Click here to access my Hong Kong photo series

·
17,416 Posts
LordMarshall said:
great pictures

some of these smalled towers have fascinating designs.

like these two

The one on the right is Sino Plaza in Causeway Bay. The architecture is ok but I don't really feel the building. There was a comic book shop there that I used to visit before they moved.

·
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...
1,529 Posts
cool buildings :) Hong Kong is the best :-D

My best in the first pic.. it's just 2 buildings next to my old apt! :-D

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts