SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 824 Posts

·
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
Joined
·
6,751 Posts
Any idea guys? The masterplan is rather similar to CapSquare..and the roads in the rendering are pretty wide too
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From this site
http://www.mbharchitects.com/plan_projects/kuala_lumpur.htm



Our firm is part of a multi-disciplinary consortium looking at overall planning, infrastructure and development strategies for a proposed International Business Centre on a 22 acre site in downtown Kuala Lumpur. The overall development program 'is for 5-6 million square feet of floor area in a mix of office, retail, hotel, residential and community service uses. The site provides a connecting link between the Central Business District and the Golden Triangle (new office, hotel and retail district). The proposal is led by AK2 Runding Sdn, a local architectural firm.

The proposal takes a comprehensive look at traffic and infrastructure issues, tying into a transportation strategy for greater Kuala Lumpur. It proposes a new transit system for downtown road improvements, and a new street pattern to respect the surrounding neighbourhood and reintegrate the site into the neighbourhood. It studies various options for office and retail space, plus convention and hotel facilities, using the site as a southern anchor for the Golden Triangle. It also provides much needed open space and a mix of affordable housing to serve the community. Finally, it offers a new mosque to serve area residents and office workers.

Client: Urban Development Authority (UDA) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
 

·
you are you and i am me..
Joined
·
10,154 Posts
baqthier said:
From this site
http://www.mbharchitects.com/plan_projects/kuala_lumpur.htm

Our firm is part of a multi-disciplinary consortium looking at overall planning, infrastructure and development strategies for a proposed International Business Centre on a 22 acre site in downtown Kuala Lumpur. The overall development program 'is for 5-6 million square feet of floor area in a mix of office, retail, hotel, residential and community service uses. The site provides a connecting link between the Central Business District and the Golden Triangle (new office, hotel and retail district).
This is damn great and I love the rendering of the building. Honestly I don't think this is CapitalSquare. The reason :

1. Capital Square is being develop by a different developer
2. The rendering and area of Capital Square have an oval shape at one point at this one does seem to have one at all
3. Capital Square is not located at the southern part of Bukit Bintang. Am I correct on this?
4. Capital Square does not have mosque as one of its building.
5. Do you notice alongside Jalan Tun Razak, nearby the Bulatan Kampung Pandan, there is a huge area that recently been cleared? Can that be one of the possible site?
 

·
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
Joined
·
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZaHiRnYa??? said:
This is damn great and I love the rendering of the building. Honestly I don't think this is CapitalSquare. The reason :

1. Capital Square is being develop by a different developer
2. The rendering and area of Capital Square have an oval shape at one point at this one does seem to have one at all
3. Capital Square is not located at the southern part of Bukit Bintang. Am I correct on this?
4. Capital Square does not have mosque as one of its building.
5. Do you notice alongside Jalan Tun Razak, nearby the Bulatan Kampung Pandan, there is a huge area that recently been cleared? Can that be one of the possible site?
Bulatan Kampung Pandan is..where? ;)
 

·
you are you and i am me..
Joined
·
10,154 Posts
baqthier said:
Bulatan Kampung Pandan is..where? ;)
Where? Hmm..I thought you knew. If you use Jalan Tun Razak from Empire Tower, head up, then you will pass RHB Headquarter and you will see Bulatan Kampung Pandan bout 100 metres in front. Famous la that roundbout.

Another possible location for the construction?
..can it be the side of "Plaza Merdeka"?
..or the "Penjara Pudu" side?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,928 Posts
ZaHiRnYa??? said:
Where? Hmm..I thought you knew. If you use Jalan Tun Razak from Empire Tower, head up, then you will pass RHB Headquarter and you will see Bulatan Kampung Pandan bout 100 metres in front. Famous la that roundbout.

Another possible location for the construction?
..can it be the side of "Plaza Merdeka"?
..or the "Penjara Pudu" side?

I think the largest possibility is the Pudu Jail site! :D .......in fact just rite after seeing the rendering, before reading the text and knowing it is developed by UDA ........the first thing that pop to my mind is the Pudu Jail site. ;)

The clues:

1) Pudu is at the southern corridor of the Golden Triangle. Plaza Merdeka is to the east while the Imbi area next to Bulatan Kg. Pandan is to the west.

2) The 'squareness' of the site is similar in shape and the rendering scale is identical visually to the current Pudu Jail site.

3) The bluish building to the right side looks similar to the WP Police HQ which is just opposite the Pudu Jail.

4) And the most important clue of all: Pudu Jail site are CONFIMRED owned by UDA! :happy:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,928 Posts
ZaHiRnYa??? said:
This is damn great and I love the rendering of the building. Honestly I don't think this is CapitalSquare. The reason :

1. Capital Square is being develop by a different developer
2. The rendering and area of Capital Square have an oval shape at one point at this one does seem to have one at all
3. Capital Square is not located at the southern part of Bukit Bintang. Am I correct on this?
4. Capital Square does not have mosque as one of its building.
5. Do you notice alongside Jalan Tun Razak, nearby the Bulatan Kampung Pandan, there is a huge area that recently been cleared? Can that be one of the possible site?

Baqthier din say it is CapSq lah! :bash: .....he just says it looks similar :D :D :D
 

·
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
Joined
·
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
szehoong said:
You know the bulatan which is now under heavy construction because of the SMART tunnel project? The 'entrance' of the SMART tunnel is at the Bulatan Kampung Pandan. ;)
Oh thanks..so it's not this project as it is mentioned that it is to link CBD and Golden Triangle..hmmm..where is it? We still have some land patches in KL tho hehe
 

·
you are you and i am me..
Joined
·
10,154 Posts
szehoong said:
I think the largest possibility is the Pudu Jail site! :D .......in fact just rite after seeing the rendering, before reading the text and knowing it is developed by UDA ........the first thing that pop to my mind is the Pudu Jail site. ;)

The clues:

1) Pudu is at the southern corridor of the Golden Triangle. Plaza Merdeka is to the east while the Imbi area next to Bulatan Kg. Pandan is to the west.

2) The 'squareness' of the site is similar in shape and the rendering scale is identical visually to the current Pudu Jail site.

3) The bluish building to the right side looks similar to the WP Police HQ which is just opposite the Pudu Jail.

4) And the most important clue of all: Pudu Jail site are CONFIMRED owned by UDA! :happy:
Hope you are right. It will make a great impact to that area. Hopefully it will materialise soon :D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,928 Posts
ZaHiRnYa??? said:
Hope you are right. It will make a great impact to that area. Hopefully it will materialise soon :D

I could be wrong also ....but not too sure lah cos all clues seems to be pointing at that direction. :D

The only thing that contradicts is this statement:

"The site provides a connecting link between the Central Business District and the Golden Triangle"

I would presume the CBD is the Chinatown/Masjid Jamek area ......but there isn't any huge piece of land that I could have tot of that could accommodate this project except for:

- the Renong City/Plaza Merdeka site
- Plaza Rakyat site
- and the large piece of land next to the WP Police HQ (next to the Hang Tuah Monorail station and SRJK Davidson)

And I am not aware of any landbanks within that area owned by UDA except for the Pudu Jail site ;)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,928 Posts
ZaHiRnYa??? said:
Why? you want it to look like A Famosa then ;)
wah.....preserved some historical landmark mah......at least the gateway......you want the entire perimeter wall as well? :D

BTW it was built in 1890 and surely it is one of the oldest structure built in KL that are still surviving (almost the same age as Sultan Abdul Samad Building!) :eek:
 

·
MILLENNIUM FALCON
Joined
·
3,007 Posts
Wow, huge development there...

If it's at pudu jail, thats a great location (but should also keep the arch at the jail entrance lah)! A neat complement to the existing Bukit Bintang shopping precinct... Furthermore, the IBC will have excellent transport networks (Monorail and Starline at its doorstep)...

When is construction expected to commence?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,928 Posts
CLié-SJ33 said:
Wow, huge development there...

If it's at pudu jail, thats a great location (but should also keep the arch at the jail entrance lah)! A neat complement to the existing Bukit Bintang shopping precinct... Furthermore, the IBC will have excellent transport networks (Monorail and Starline at its doorstep)...

When is construction expected to commence?

Dunno.......there are plans to developed that site before the crisis......but when the crisis hit, the plan got delayed as well......and the jail is still there :D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,928 Posts
Kevinkhoo1986 said:
mana tu golden triangle??

It is located in the nothern region of Laos, Thailand and Myanmar. This region produces the largest amount drugs and poppies plants are cultivated here in large scale. Drug lords rulez da place! :D

Okaylah.....that is the real Golden Triangle......KL's is the Bukit Bintang & Jalan Sultan Ismail area ;)
 
1 - 20 of 824 Posts
Top