Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
St. John the Baptist Church, Calumpit, Bulacan



St. John the Baptist Church
Calumpit, Bulacan


photo credits to librero​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
San Isidro Labrador Church, Pulilan, Bulacan



San Isidro Labrador Church
Pulilan, Bulacan

photo credits to librero​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nuestra Senyora de Lourdes Church, Dona Remedios Trinidad, Bulacan



Nuestra Senyora de Lourdes Church
Dona Remedios Trinidad, Bulacan



photo credits to librero​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
National Shrine of St. Anne, Hagonoy, Bulacan



National Shrine of St. Anne
Hagonoy, Bulacan

photo credits to librero​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nuestra Senyora de la Asuncion Church, Bulakan, Bulacan



Nuestra Senyora de la Asuncion Church
Bulakan, Bulacan

photo credits to librero​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
St. Augustine of Hippo Church, Baliwag, Bulacan



St. Augustine of Hippo Church
Baliwag, Bulacan

photo credits to librero​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
San Rafael, Bulacan

Matayog (San Rafael, Bulacan)
photo by: ~MVI~ (bonn-ed) (flickr)

The present church was started to be built in 1868 and has been considerably renovated since then. It is the site of one of the bloodiest battle in the province of Bulacan between Katipuneros led by Gen. Anacleto “Matanglawin” Enriquez and Spanish soldiers under Col. Lopez Arteaga. Some 800 Katipuneros died in the battle, including “Matanglawin”. Blogged at JARMMS in "Shooting Churches, Eating Noodles".


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Parish Church of St. Lawrence - Deacon and Martyr (Balagtas, Bulacan)

Parish Church of St. Lawrence - Deacon and Martyr
Balagtas, Bulacan

Dedicated to St. Lawrence - Deacon and Martyr, the Parish of Balagtas, Bulacan was establish as a priory in
1596 which was known as the town of Caruya and was later named Bigaa.




http://balagtasbulacan.blogspot.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bahay na Tisa, Balagtas, Bulacan

Bahay na Tisa
Balagtas, Bulacan

The Bahay na Tisa was built in 1849 and is one of the oldest tiled-roof houses in the province. One of the heritage
houses of Balagtas, Bulacan located in front of Balagtas Municipal Hall




photo by librero



photo by tarlakenyo-ako


http://balagtasbulacan.blogspot.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Constantino House | Bahay na Tisa - Balagtas, Bulacan

Constantino House | Bahay na Tisa
Balagtas, Bulacan

The venerable book “Philippine Ancestral Houses” written by Fernando N. Zialcita and Martin I. Tinio, Jr. and published in 1980 was not only the first substantial volume to extensively discuss the various elements of 19th to early 20th century homes in the Philippines, but it also featured hundreds of photographs of these structures and entered them into the consciousness of thousands of heritage-keen readers of almost three decades ago (including the mid-teen version of me).

One such house raised to “standard-bearer” status on pages 114 to 121 of that book was a large structure bounded by MacArthur Highway and the river in the Bulacan town of Balagtas, formerly Bigaa. Here’s how it appeared in the book, more or less (the house isn't lopsided -- the large-format book on the letter-paper-sized scanner is):


and here’s how it looks today, unfortunately severely foreshortened in this shot (due to this photographer being too lazy to take the photo from across the road).


Since the photos of this house used in Philippine Ancestral Houses were taken in the late 1970’s, this structure has not fared all that well, unfortunately. A clue to these straitened circumstances is the loss of the finely-carved cupboard (originally used for storing salted meats and other delicacies) at the left edge of the façade, seen here in the book



and no longer seen here.



What is unchanged is the structure’s massive front elevation, as seen in the two photos above, as well as its even longer riverside elevation, seen here.






















































all credits to the owner
www.rally65.multiply.com
 
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Top