SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
25,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Located in Yusufari Local Government Area of Yobe State, this sector covers an area of 92sq. km. It was formerly Borno Native authority Kilboa Forest Reserve constituted by order in 1970. Made up of a series of fertile dune depressions (swampy valleys) referred to as Oases, the sector includes the highly scenic sand dunes. It is located between latitude 13’00’-11’00

PHOTOGRAPHY BY IRIS (FLICKR)

·
Aviation Expert
1,737 Posts
i dont usually think of sahara like deserts in nigeria. i didnt even know this existed in nigeria.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have heard of desertiifcation in Nigeria but never knew that it was this seriuos in some areas in the North!!! Awesome view!!

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Nigeria

didn't they shoot the movie Sahara there.

·
Aviation Expert
1,737 Posts
no they used another city and called it lagos nigeria. same with x men, phat girls, and tears of the sun.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Yehh you are right it was shot in Morocco and Spain I was misled that it was shot in Yobe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Sahara has Indeed entered Nigeria via a process called "desertification".....and as beautiful as it looks, it is not a good thing from an environmental point of view....because deserts such as the Sahara are almost barren, and cannot support large populations without huge energy costs......and that is why the Nigerian authorities should work hard to halt the spread of the desert further into the country...

·
15,239 Posts
^^ The Blatura Oasis, has beeen there, since Pre-Independence days, when the former colonial dudes, from Britain, talked about it. :lol:
Not like its a recent feature of that part of Nigeria, anyways.

BTW: Welcome to Skyscrapercity. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts