SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 17621 Posts

·
Banned
3,054 Posts
Man, instead of showing the desiro crap, a bit experienced people know it´s crap, show the airconditioned German Intercity trains, they aren´t that round infront but they are in fact better, they are for long distance, vey confortable and very quiet when travelling.

·
-----------
17,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ Desiro are not intercity trains , nor are for long distance lines. But they are just perfect for short distance lines. Dupnica-Sofia, Pernik-Sofia etc. etc.... I didn't see BDZ using them for Sofia-Varna or Sofia-Burgas lines , and i doubt I will ever see .

·
dRusenec :)
10,323 Posts
Freight train, near Plovdiv:

Again, near Plovdiv central station:

Freight trains, near Dupnica:

Old and new: tourist steam one and a Desiro:

Parvomai station:

Varna station:

BDZ is not always that bad :) This is the rennovated Sofia-Burgas train:

·
Banned
3,054 Posts
And here they are, a nice new Desiro train but beneath it the ugly 6 angular tiles from communist times, not very good. The train on the last pic is not that great, I thought they bought German Intercity trains but no, they are Interregio trains, these don´t have aircondition as you can see, the windows can be opened.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Guys, hate to say this, but why is this topic only for Bulgarian State Railways and not for bulgarian railways in general? Bulmarket has some nice loks too:

·
-----------
17,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ Ok, feel free to write a p.m. to 3tmk, as i can't change the thread name alone.

btw, I never knew that there were other transporters aside from BDZ in Bulgaria... :nuts:

·
dRusenec :)
10,323 Posts
Bulmarket are from my hometown and are owned by an ex-mayor-ex-minister. I don't like that guy, he is notorious for being corrupt and for turning the town into a "First private one" during the end of 90s, when he became a minister he was the first to sign those stupid Microsoft contracts, he managed to ensure his monopoly over methane fuel imports, etc. Even though he sold his methane gas stations business, he is now into biodiesel production. He owns ships too:

And yes, this is the first Bulgarian private company with a license for freight railway transport.

1 - 20 of 17621 Posts